Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Integrated boots vs boot + binding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Sep 18, 15 9:26 am    Integrated boots vs boot + binding Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I switched to boots this season (thanks Bobby for giving me your old LF Vantage). Now I'm thinking about upgrading them to something new for next season. Looking at some wake clips I've noticed that some companies separate the boot and binding (like on snowboard) and I was wondering if that was any pros/cons compared to an integrated boots (sorry if my vocabulary is off - not quite sure how to distinguish them both properly).
Seems like "entry" would be much simpler with the separate binding and boot (it's a little hard to get into standard boots on the sandbar with wind pulling you toward the sand, gusts and people walking/setting up everywhere).

Did anyone ride (with a kite) something like what Hyperlite makes and can compare it to standard boots ilke SS Rads or LF boots?

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 18, 15 4:51 pm     Reply with quote

I think the best of both worlds is the Slingshot Shredtown.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Sep 18, 15 4:56 pm     Reply with quote

Slappysan wrote:
I think the best of both worlds is the Slingshot Shredtown.

Hmm... they look nice but from the images it seem like the entry will be probably the most difficult from all the options, but correct me if I'm wrong.

NorCalNomad

Since 30 Mar 2014
10 Posts

PostFri Sep 18, 15 9:21 pm     Reply with quote

I really like my hyperlite systems, they definitely are easier to get off, only a little easier to put on.

Definitely nice for any rocky launches or landings.

cdub25

Since 04 Jun 2015
68 Posts
Portland/Lyle

PostFri Sep 18, 15 11:51 pm    Wake Boots Reply with quote

I love the slingshot shreddtowns! They're easy to get on/off and are great for protecting your feet when you're trying to walk back across the klickitat or hood river! And the color ways are always sweet! If your don't want the removable liners then go with the SS KTVS. As for the Hyperlite systems, I've wakeboarded in them and they just take a little to get used too. They have great connection and board feel, but they are really strange when you're not strapped in and I feel like the SS KTV and Shredtowns are better.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostSat Sep 19, 15 11:29 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

@cdub25 - I'll need to take a look at the Shredtown boots in a store to see how they work.

@NorCalNomad - do you use the system pro or one of the systems with lower back support? Also which boots do you use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: