Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

tips for north coast?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostMon Aug 17, 15 10:04 am     Reply with quote

nwkite wrote:
- Coordinate downwinders with others or by yourself. It is easy to hitch a ride back to your vehicle; there always seems to be an empty pickup bed going back upwind.

someone should edit that - best to introduce yourself at shipwreck or lot B and help arrange a shuttle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2057 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Aug 17, 15 10:38 am     Reply with quote

Gman wrote:
nwkite wrote:
- Coordinate downwinders with others or by yourself. It is easy to hitch a ride back to your vehicle; there always seems to be an empty pickup bed going back upwind.

someone should edit that - best to introduce yourself at shipwreck or lot B and help arrange a shuttle

Yes, don't just expect someone will give you a ride back up wind. I've missed my shuttle before as I had a breakdown and or dumped my kites in the waves before, so I'm grateful for the few rides I've received in the past. I've definitely given more rides to strangers than received.

Cleaning a car full of well sand isn't exactly my favorite thing to do, but I'll do it as it is the cost for having a lot of fun.

Be willing to shuttle. DON"T JUST TAKE. Got to give back too!

Also, make sure to bring extra rinse water for gear and body. It runs out quickly.

If you're begging for a ride back up wind because you didn't coordinate a shuttle, BETTER be damn sure to have LOTS of extra "truck driver cold" beers in your cooler at lot B (or wherever), perhaps something else that became legal recently, some non-alcoholic drinks, and maybe some snacks. If not, throw the driver of the car some cash for the car wash and vacuum job they will need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: