Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Any issues with Slingshot Fast Track system?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 31, 15 11:21 am    Any issues with Slingshot Fast Track system? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looking to get a SS Vision and noticed they're using the fast track system for mounting straps/boots. That got me thinking how reliable those are, did anyone using the Slingshot boards had any issues with the mounting system?

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 31, 15 11:28 am    Re: Any issues with Slingshot Fast Track system? Reply with quote

voy-tech wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to get a SS Vision and noticed they're using the fast track system for mounting straps/boots. That got me thinking how reliable those are, did anyone using the Slingshot boards had any issues with the mounting system?

hey,
I have had two boards from slingshot (misfit, asylum) with the fastrack system and I have never had issues with it. sometimes you can get some sand there that can make the straps hard to move around but that's no biggy.

if the bolts are not super tight then occasionally you can get some slight movement of the boot or strap. I love my Asylum with KTV boots. I can bring it Sauvei island tomorrow if you want to check it out.

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 31, 15 11:30 am     Reply with quote

I guess the only thing I would add is the fast track system can make it tricky mounting non-slingshot pads on there some companies. Have offset holes patterns on either side of the pad

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 31, 15 11:32 am    Re: Any issues with Slingshot Fast Track system? Reply with quote

jerp wrote:
voy-tech wrote:

hey,
I have had two boards from slingshot (misfit, asylum) with the fastrack system and I have never had issues with it. sometimes you can get some sand there that can make the straps hard to move around but that's no biggy.

if the bolts are not super tight then occasionally you can get some slight movement of the boot or strap. I love my Asylum with KTV boots. I can bring it Sauvei island tomorrow if you want to check it out.

Thanks, that doesn't sound bad, I was thinking if anyone ripped the track of the board or something similar.

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 31, 15 11:39 am     Reply with quote

riding in boots there is a lot more energy in the crashes as 99% of the time you don't pop out. I see no signs of wear on my Asylum. it seems pretty bomb proof. I took it wakeboarding also and again, no issues.

if you do the get the Vision make sure to get the dually straps, they are worth the extra cash

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 31, 15 11:41 am     Reply with quote

jerp wrote:
riding in boots there is a lot more energy in the crashes as 99% of the time you don't pop out. I see no signs of wear on my Asylum. it seems pretty bomb proof. I took it wakeboarding also and again, no issues.

if you do the get the Vision make sure to get the dually straps, they are worth the extra cash

Cool, I'll put LF boots initially, but I might get straps later depending on how it will feel.

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1323 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 31, 15 12:05 pm    Bomber Reply with quote

My wife and I are both riding SS boards with the fast-track system. No problems with either boots or straps.

Cheers

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 31, 15 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

Have the track in my kiteboard and two wakeboards. Friend using my WB yesterday was ripped out of my closed toe boots twice. He has to be hurting today. Track a-okay. I'm a fan.

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostSat Aug 01, 15 6:34 am     Reply with quote

i have been abusing my vision with boots for almost 2 seasons now and the fast track is solid.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 7:37 am     Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I just picked up the Vision put on some boots I got from a friend and had one of the best sessions ever this past weekend at Wells Island. First time riding boots and wow I loved it - the crashes are hard (I'm getting an impact/flotation vest) - but I could pop so much better I had some of the best jumps ever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: