Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Welcome to Paradise!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kiterdrew

Since 30 Mar 2010
130 Posts
FL
Stoked

PostTue Jan 06, 15 8:47 am    Welcome to Paradise! Reply with quote

New edit from Florida! If you need a little sun head this way the windy season is on!

http://youtu.be/8roD1XcQ6t0

Cover Photo.jpg 

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostTue Jan 06, 15 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Nice vid! Looks like I'll need a 17m though.

Bill C

Since 15 Sep 2005
202 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Jan 06, 15 2:46 pm     Reply with quote

Looks sort of boring.

kiterdrew

Since 30 Mar 2010
130 Posts
FL
Stoked

PostSat Jan 10, 15 8:14 pm     Reply with quote

You don't need a 17m, get a foil.. If warm winds and girls in bikinis and kiting isn't your thing then I'd probably agree it'd sound boring..

<Wolverine>

Since 07 Jul 2013
71 Posts
PDX

PostTue Jan 13, 15 11:46 am    Siesta Key Reply with quote

Drew,

Was thinking about coming down in a few months. Question is what is the best time for wind in your neck of the woods and should I just bring the big kites (which are a 10m and 12m for me)? Do you kite out of Lido or the inland Bays or does it just depend? I've sailboarded the bays and Siesta but haven't been back since I've picked up kiting.

Thanks,

Maybe we can set up a lesson while I'm down there.

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 13, 15 7:52 pm     Reply with quote

I was hoping there were girls in bikinis in your video. Nice, chill video though. Plus the fish was nice.

kiterdrew wrote:
You don't need a 17m, get a foil.. If warm winds and girls in bikinis and kiting isn't your thing then I'd probably agree it'd sound boring..

kiterdrew

Since 30 Mar 2010
130 Posts
FL
Stoked

PostWed Jan 14, 15 9:13 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Guys!

Yeah the beaches here all pretty much fair game, but stay away from the public areas and lifeguards. Really just using common sense if there are hundreds of swimmers out at the public beach.. Kite south or north of them

I work and ride mostly up at The Sunshine Skyway as it very nice flat shallow water. If your looking to get out once your here just give me a heads up before you get in. I'll show you the spots and a few lesser known spots that are sure to make you smile Smile Don't worry about bigger kites I have those if we need them. But bring your 12 and 10 forsure

Cheers, Drew
www.drewchristianson.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: