Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

carry on baggage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostTue Dec 12, 06 2:56 pm    carry on baggage Reply with quote

Any of you flown recently with kites as carry on baggage? I want to use my 05 9m fuel bag to pack up two kites. Only thing I was really worried about is the 5th line and the bridles. I will just pull the 5th line off just in case they are worried about that, but I don't know about the bridles.

I'm headed to La Ventana for a week and Los Barriles for a week after if any of you are going to be down there we'll have to have a beer. I'm leaving Dec 23rd. Looks like my knee is going to hold up long enough that I can enjoy the vacation :O)

Andy

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Dec 12, 06 3:14 pm     Reply with quote

I have carried a kite on a few times. No issues. They never pulled it out so the 5th line never came up...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Dec 12, 06 4:34 pm     Reply with quote

yeah have done the kite as a carry on sometimes, never with a 5th line or bridled kite though... I would be amazed if they really tweaked on it though.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue Dec 12, 06 4:51 pm     Reply with quote

Concur - carried on a kite a few times - they never looked - may think it is a laundry bag. Wouldn't worry about the bridles. Will see you down in La Ventana.

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Dec 13, 06 7:26 am     Reply with quote

Hey Gman, don't you guys have jobs....? Surprised

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Dec 13, 06 10:03 am     Reply with quote

i used to carry on a 12 naish boxer but wothout the bar and lines. would they have a problem with a little cord? dunno. its the wild west out there.

jimmi

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostWed Dec 13, 06 3:07 pm     Reply with quote

i brought my bar on carry on once with my kite and they didnt have any problem so i cant see the bridle posing any extra threat.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Dec 13, 06 3:46 pm     Reply with quote

Forget what I said - you May want to take all the lines off.

The TSA yesterday wouldn't let Troy Smith carry his Heisman Trophy on the plane. Maybe there was a risk of a steriod induced rage - run for your life - Troy's swinging the Heisman

Heisman no carry-on; gets shipped
December 12, 2006

Email this Print this By RUSTY MILLER

The associated press
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Troy Smith's Heisman Trophy was shipped home because airport security would not allow the Ohio State quarterback to take it on the plane Tuesday.

Smith wore a black leather jacket with the Heisman insignia on back when he arrived at Port Columbus International Airport from New York, where he was presented college football's most coveted trophy.

Eddie George, the last Buckeye to win the Heisman in 1995, had his trophy get stuck in an airport X-ray machine, losing the tip of its right index finger and bending the middle finger.

"We decided to have it shipped. That's much easier. How times have changed. Eddie carried it on the plane and put it in the seat next to him," sports information director Steve Snapp said.

Smith said he didn't mind.

"No, because Eddie's finger got bent," Smith said. "I don't want that to happen to mine."

purdyd

Since 27 Nov 2006
41 Posts

PostWed Dec 13, 06 8:18 pm     Reply with quote

i carried on my 7m waroo on the way to mexico last week and back again 9m - with the bridle on

no issues

David

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: