Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Just a silly one for fun people only..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostTue Nov 18, 14 2:13 pm    Just a silly one for fun people only.. Reply with quote

Here's one to remind you of the struggles endured with learning to kite and the extreme payoff at the end!

Honestly, I made this video to celebrate this last summer being the best one yet of my life. Thank you to all who played a part in teaching me how to kite. Just had to share the awesomeness with the NW Kiter family..

Hope everyone enjoys, & Happy Snowkiting! Smile

http://vimeo.com/112134272

~ Kristin

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostTue Nov 18, 14 4:59 pm     Reply with quote

Strong Finish!

Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostTue Nov 18, 14 5:14 pm     Reply with quote

Is there any other way to go? Lol, thank you! Smile Smile

dwaynej

Since 09 Sep 2013
207 Posts

Stoked

CGKA Member

PostTue Nov 18, 14 7:23 pm     Reply with quote

Nice!

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
533 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Nov 19, 14 9:22 am     Reply with quote

that was a fun vid. thx. looks like you also got some people to start landing your kite too.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Nov 19, 14 10:47 am    keep up the stoke! Reply with quote

Great Vid. One thing never gets old and that is the newbie stoke! Looks like great progression throughout your season. Is this your first year kiting?

D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Nov 19, 14 11:43 am    Re: keep up the stoke! Reply with quote

Sasquatch wrote:
Is this your first year kiting?
Indeed it was Kristin's 1st season, and she progressed a lot! Those Jones sessions were great... and watching her go for jumps at the ponds was both surprising and entertaining. I don't know about that shot of Viento though... are you sure a downwinder at that time of day is a good idea? Wink

Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostWed Nov 19, 14 4:07 pm     Reply with quote

Haha! Silly Cal! That shot of you was actually from Rooster Rock lol! Unfortunately the issue with uploading clips from Viento was that the Gopro was accidentally left on for a large portion of the session so the clips are like 8 minutes long and would've been hell to upload! Otherwise, I would've played a friendly jab at Darren with the fact we were marooned and saved by Greg the sailboat dude. "Romantic cruise" he tries to call it.. as we started at 630 & finally got in HR at like 1030 @ night.. lol! I can't wait to expand on the jumping skill next season!! The whole "omg, that was so much fun!" At the end of the video was after my first jump attempt right before you kited by for your tricks of the trade tips! Smile

& Hey, thanks John! I try to make it fun! The newbie stoke is still alive and well with this one! Thanks for watching & enjoying with me! Smile

OG - yes I had a ton of helpful people this season and even worked on my self landing, AS promised! Smile Done thru videos that my friends in my kite group shared with me & took tips & tricks off here from what others mentioned that time too Smile

I accomplished and managed most of the times but couldn't remain consistent when winds were higher. Gotta still polish that up when I get the chance!

Thanks guys! Smile

sagebrush

Since 31 Oct 2009
209 Posts
north,van,bc
Stoked

PostThu Nov 20, 14 1:43 pm    newbie stoke Reply with quote

really liked your video it was great to feel that stoke from a newbie.i really liked the music though as that made the vid even better,what was the name of the artist and or band?loved the funk,keep it up!!!cheers doug.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Nov 20, 14 2:48 pm    Re: newbie stoke Reply with quote

sagebrush wrote:
what was the name of the artist and or band?

quite easy really, hit the vid posted and then take your smart phone and shazam it. Of course this take a computer and a smartphone or two smartphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziN7Y1M1v8s

Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostThu Nov 20, 14 3:55 pm     Reply with quote

lol! if only this thing had 'like' buttons! lol Thanks Doug! I appreciate the great feedback! Smile
Glad John was able to be a tech-guru and help ya out with that before I noticed the question posted!

Cool Cool Cool

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Nov 20, 14 9:00 pm     Reply with quote

that was a fun video!
I love how you got darren to pump your kite for you haha
kristin, just so you know if you need to shorten a gopro clip you can easily do it in quicktime by pressing command and "T" and then you can shorten the clip and save it.
thanks for sharing your video, for only riding one year, it won't be long until you're surpassing all of us!

Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostThu Nov 20, 14 10:07 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you Jim! It's actually our thing where I'll walk the lines out & he pumps.. We have good teamwork that way. Smile
Also, thanks for that QuickTime tip, I knew there had to be an easy way where I didn't have to wait forever.. I just didn't know how! So thank you very much! I'll be sure to consider that for future awesome vids! And maybe sometime, be fortunate enough to have you in my videos with us or document our sessions one day.. your photos are always phenomenal & you have an amazing talent for catching the greatest moments Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: