Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Tues night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  

PostTue Jun 21, 05 3:22 pm     Reply with quote

Right onnn! I'll have to break out my diamond impregnated lines just to be sure there will be no tangles.

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Jun 22, 05 8:59 am     Reply with quote

Aaron has got a pretty cool thing going on! The after race BBQ was a blast...

Jon

And..... they are off!!!
 And..... they are off!!!  p2.jpg 
Start your engines... um, er, I mean power-up your kites...
 Start your engines... um, er, I mean power-up your kites...  p1.jpg 

airinsails

PostWed Jun 22, 05 9:50 am    Race Results Reply with quote

Tuesday Night Race Results

Week One- Around Wells Island and back (Hopefully)

Funky wind put the race on hold for an hour and a half until it finally filled in with the wind ranging from 10-30 knots throughout the coarse. Racers had a tough time choosing their kite size knowing it was light at the Sand Bar and Nuking up at Wells Island. Choosing the right size was tough but a big part of getting around the 3 mile course succesfully. The Race started with the competitors standing in knee deep water, holding their board until the flag went down and they were off without a hitch. They all charged upwind for a mile and and a half until they reached Wells Island then had to navigate through the narrow spit with shifty light wind. A few of the riders dropped their kites into the water just downwind of the island and had a hard time relaunching because of the wind shadow. Meanwhile the lucky ones kitelooped straight downwind for over a mile and crossed the finish line to collect a case of cold and refreshing Full Sail Beer after racing for 45 minutes.

Top 5 results

1. Dairy Caution
2. Birch Windwing
3. Hunter Slingshot
4. Reagan Slingshot
5. Shy Slingshot

See you all next Tuesday at 5:30 for more racing, beer, and BBQ chicken

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jun 22, 05 2:39 pm     Reply with quote

Awesome! Sounds like a blast, I can't wait to try that...

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostMon Jun 27, 05 9:54 am     Reply with quote

I saw the top three finishers piling out of the same sketchy RV, just before the race. They emerged with a certain "innerpeace", a sort of vacant stare and a thirst for victory... Hmmm
Cheech and Chong?.. or Illuminati blood doping? Uh huh, thats right, time for a piss test boyzzzz

Wipika Kiteboarding

Since 28 Jun 2005
2 Posts

PostTue Jun 28, 05 11:14 am     Reply with quote

The Tuesday Night Race Series is on again tonight June 28th. Come down by 5:30 and join in. The race is open to anyone!

Wipika

Airnsails

Since 22 Jun 2005
104 Posts
Hood River, OR
Stoked

PostTue Jun 28, 05 12:17 pm    Tuesday Night racing Reply with quote

Tuesday Night Racing is on tonight.

Tonights race at the Sandbar will be a gated course, allowing riders to navigate through a slalom section and make a complete lap around the outer sand bar. BBQ and beer afterwards!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jun 28, 05 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

Dang, with the way the wind is blowing I was hoping for a run around Wells again! Nothing like getting your butt plasted up against the hook on a 12m kite!

Bam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: