Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

spi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Nov 09, 14 1:46 pm    spi Reply with quote

Just returned from a week of being down at Spi. Wow! What a week. Good kiting weather everyday. Awesome 10M almost everyday with the exception of last friday being an awesome 12M day. It was great to do hardly anything besides kiting. What added to it was super friends and good food. I highly recommend Spi as a winter trip. Was neat to also see so many other kiters down there. For those of you heading down there next week I hope the wind blows.

Kite on.....

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostMon Nov 10, 14 5:43 am     Reply with quote

and it continues this week...

Like honda1 says it's been good here - and were looking at good winds this week also in the 10m range. South to north Oceanside downwinders today then over to the flats and high society for some flat water play time.

Shorty on the Gulf side and boardshorts / rash guard on the bay.

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
833 Posts

Opinionated

PostMon Nov 10, 14 8:19 am     Reply with quote

Except for when that doesn't happen. I have a few buddies that were there the week prior to you. They got two Kiteable days out of a week. Not much to do there when there is no wind.

novocaine

Since 23 Sep 2010
79 Posts
Kennewick, wa

PostMon Nov 10, 14 4:27 pm    spi no wind....go fishing Reply with quote

Honda and I had a great trip! Pete, for sure if there's no wind, not much to do. All of October was on the light side. November started off with a bang! I hope it holds. Went last year same week and had a few good days. Planning on next year too!

BeerKite

Since 29 Mar 2011
471 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Nov 12, 14 7:30 am     Reply with quote

I've been down here since Oct. 17th and there has only been a handful of non kiteable days. Bring all your gear (or rent) and you should be good to go. It's honking today 6-7m and yesterday was 14m+ wind. There is plenty to do on no wind days if you look for it. Surfing, SUP, fishing, drinking beer on the beach, parasailing, kayaking, bird watching, drinking beer on the beach. Nothing quite as rad as kiting but we've been able to fill our no wind days pretty easily down here. We'll be here until Dec. 15th if anyone is heading down and looking for DW'er buddies. Bring your wetsuits, it's getting a bit chilly now. I was in boardshorts and a harness yesterday and now I'm looking for my 5/4. Still warmer than Rooster though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: