Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

another movie from len10 @ stormsjees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
parlophone

Since 07 Aug 2006
14 Posts

PostFri Dec 08, 06 5:13 am    another movie from len10 @ stormsjees Reply with quote

edited by himself!

http://www.kiteforum.tv/index2.php?option=com_videos&no_html=1&task=file&filename=2604ddLEN10Stormchaseful.mp4&t=96f0da85f566

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Dec 08, 06 7:51 am     Reply with quote

damn that's even better than the original. I think if I wanted to show someone outside the sport what kiteboarding was right now, it'd be that video.

Looks like there is something to those new fuels for sure, its crazy how he can jump with the kite so far out in front of him. Plus the kite recovers so fast from the loops and goes right back above his head. The 2.5x kiteloop was nuts! Thumb's Up

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostFri Dec 08, 06 8:49 am     Reply with quote

PKH: funny, I just put that video up on my G-Chat to show-off the sport. My wakeboard buddies back home are pretty much shitting themselves after seeing that.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Dec 08, 06 1:13 pm     Reply with quote

Good shit! These guys need to render their vids out under a different compression though. Now I'm used to these damn 720p, widescreen, .mov/.mp4 vids that Dave puts together, but his editing is weird. Then we get a video with some awesome footage and the quality sucks. I hate trade-offs! Wink

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostFri Dec 08, 06 3:10 pm     Reply with quote

Can't stop watching it. Roobin sets the mark. The editing is WAY better if the qual is down... I can't stand all that jumpy shit.

endoshred

Since 22 May 2006
232 Posts
HR
Stoked

PostSat Dec 09, 06 8:48 am     Reply with quote

WOW! the content definately outweighs the vid quality. amazing footage. I have to assume its all the kite and just a bit of rider skill. Wink
I guess i know how we will all be riding next year. Laughing
Hail Len10.

-DAVE-

Since 10 Dec 2006
16 Posts

PostSun Dec 10, 06 8:16 am     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3, I guess you are never ever satisfied with movies you get for free.

Glad to see a lot more other people can appreciate the hard work and the mayem they get on their own PC/or TV screen at home. Cool

And yes, you are free to come over, even together with NateDogg, and use all our editing stuff here to make a re-edit of all things you don't like, that way you only have to edit, instead of waiting and working months for the rights shot to get and then edit something for scratch wading trough hours and hours footage ...

You finally get your change to show how it really is done. Wink
i''m looking forward at the result.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Dec 10, 06 11:03 am     Reply with quote

Dave, please don't take it like that... I mean, yes, we still have our own editing styles/techniques, and syncing stuff the beat of a song is cool, but "Len10 in Brazil Pt.2" seriously seemed a little over the top. Almost hard to even watch with all the "forward/backward" stuff, so we were just talking about it. Aside from that, as apose to say my editing where I like to use ~20% max of slow footage, most of the time you use a lot! It's not a bad thing, again, just a different style. Either way you get to edit some bad ass footage!!! Very Happy

I'd love to come over and edit on your comps though!!! Wink I assume you use Final Cut or Avid, eh? What HD cams are you shooting with?

P.S. - I never said I could edit better than you, but I would like to work with the original footage, to see what I could do... Laughing

-DAVE-

Since 10 Dec 2006
16 Posts

PostSun Dec 10, 06 12:02 pm     Reply with quote

Hey man

Thanks for your reply !
i know very well people have different tastes, and for sure taste is very different in all different continents, and certainly not everyone has to like what i make, but for me some appreciation counts very much , cause i do this kitemoviemaking out my own pockets.

But that aside.. (now some real inside info)
I've seen the Brasil partII part BooMing overhere it went crazy everywhere, and to tell you the truth, i never expected that while making it, i had tapes with a total of 156.789 or so tricks he was all sticking them Very Happy . I just used a portotion of the total and even that was very much to edit, i had my doubts with the music , - you know I Must use ROCK to make things alive- but this was new for me, and it went off here in holland , germany, france to my surprise but to ruben's happiness, cause he chose the songs Shocked
But your continent, there is different taste, so proofed this Brasil part II.

And thanks to the internet, i can respond to that fact now and learn what people like to see mostly everywhere. So that is a positive thing.

I was only responding because i easily get upset seeing some critism on a thing i had so much effort put in. (that is my weakness Embarassed )

PS. Can you believe it? We just use the standard Apple iMovie, All the Way! Keeping it simple, simply rocks! Cool and Sony's HDR-HC1's for the shooting. So nothing fancy.

And book your Holidays coming summer for Holland, so you can work the footage.

parlophone

Since 07 Aug 2006
14 Posts

PostSun Dec 10, 06 1:52 pm     Reply with quote

His editing rocks! don't really have any prefer on what music there should be on.. look at this late video from him with the first song beeing 'black betty' but then he chooses a song from Xavier Rudd as the second song which is softer, but so cool because the song is good with the movie, and Xavier is a surfer himself..so it all get's connected somehow!
I think the music just has to fit in with the movie == meaning the movie chooses the music... (deep eh.. Laughing )

just keep on doing what y'all been doing, editing etc..everywhere around the globe, ... Then we can always look forward to a next, nice movie!!

@ -dave- ; zie je op hanglos, grtz, lansing

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Dec 10, 06 2:54 pm     Reply with quote

That's cool, Dave, and I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm the same way as you when it comes to people "talking shit" about my videos, but hopefully I wasn't being that harsh on you. Just said the little things we all thought about. No worries though! I hope we're cool. Very Happy

I still always look forward to your new vids!!! And your editing software and cam seem to work awesome for ya! Thumb's Up I would never have guessed. Figured you were on Avid with an XL-H1 Canon, or a Sony FX1/Z1U

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostSun Dec 10, 06 6:25 pm    Ok... Reply with quote

Haha...Did I just get called out? I think I did...sweet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: