Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

NW KITEBEACH GUIDE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Jun 26, 05 7:50 am    NW KITEBEACH GUIDE Reply with quote

HEYA,
DO Y'ALL KNOW IF ANYONE HAS EVER PUT TOGETHER A KITEBEACH GUIDE IN THE NW, HIGHLIGHTING BEACHES W/DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO FIND THEM, BEST WIND DYNAMICS, LAUNCH ISSUES, LOCAL RESTRICTIONS, CAUTIONS, YOU GET THE PICTURE. ALTHOUGH A NARROW ONE, THERE SHOULD BE A MARKET FOR SUCH A TOOL IN THE KITESTORES/ON-LINE, DON'T YA' THINK? KITEBEACH.COM SEEMS TO LIST ONLY A FEW SPOTS.

AS A NEWCOMER TO THIS CURRENT RABIDITY, I FIND MYSELF TRYING TO CATALOGUE INFORMATION FROM DOZENS OF SITES, AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST, THANK YOU PHIL, BUT STILL, A LOCALIZED SOURCE FOR SAME WOULD BE GREAT FOR US UP-AND-COMERS.

THANKS AS WELL TO ALL YOU OLD DOGS HERE WHO ARE WILLING TO PUT OUT THE JUICE ON YOUR EXPERIENCES, SITES, SAFETY AND SUCH. WE WHO COME BEHIND YOU TRULY DO STAND ON YOUR SHOULDERS.

JIMBO

PostSun Jun 26, 05 8:05 am     Reply with quote

I have a book that was written to inform windsurfers.It has All the spots that ever could be ridable in this case for Oregon. Gives all info. I believe it is oregon boardsports. I have placed a windsurfing has been cancelled sticker on it for its transition to a kite site resource. I am sure that most states would have same deal. When i was biking more we used to get older hiking guide books change the first letter and they made great mountain biking guidebooks. The windsurf book would be a great rewrite for the author to integrate both sports into one and resell the whole deal. It is a great resouce to find where to ride the coast on those e and west days.

Gorge Redneck

PostSun Jun 26, 05 8:12 am    Exploration Reply with quote

Hey City Slicker, the best way to find spots is to look for them. Don't rely on other people, the search is 3 quarters of the fun. Razz

PostSun Jun 26, 05 8:36 am     Reply with quote

As a avid boarder and small bussiness owner I don't have the time to waste to maybe find a spot. Beta is good. Poor planing is a plan for piss poor performance a wise man once said. City slick that and I guarranty my neck is redder and my legs and chest whiter.

scooter

Since 23 Apr 2005
99 Posts
hood River

PostSun Jun 26, 05 9:31 am     Reply with quote

I think the recent sbc kiteboard mag has a gorge guide. And I remember seeing a couple of nw guide stories in Kiteboarding last fall? Very Happy

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostSun Jun 26, 05 9:42 am     Reply with quote

yes, the recent sbc kiteboard mag has a great little guide to the Gorge...I'll scan it up to the website in the next day or so, as it would answer this question for a lot of people

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostMon Jun 27, 05 8:34 am    as promised... Reply with quote

here's a link to the SBC Kiteboard Mag's Gorge Guide...the files were too large to post here and still be readable so it's up at my site...

http://www.colbyotero.com/guide.htm

cover.jpg 

Last edited by colby on Sun Mar 26, 06 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jun 27, 05 8:51 am     Reply with quote

Thanks thats great!

www.naishkites.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: