Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Where will my Skim board end up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
HRnico

Since 22 Mar 2008
260 Posts
Da Hood
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 16, 14 7:20 pm    Where will my Skim board end up Reply with quote

Lost it today between Wells Island and The Wunder Bar. Got seperated from itwhen the wind dropped.

D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jul 17, 14 8:34 am     Reply with quote

It might be worth a look west, along the Washington shoreline, depending how close you were to the Washington side. My friend lost his directional in that area earlier in the season. I saw it floating when he lost it, but due to the wind lightening up, and a very slow moving barge restricting my tacks, I was not able to recover it. I was sure it was gone past the Hatch & on its way back to China, but the next day, I saw it just sitting on the shore between the hatchery (the actually building, not the launch) and the White Salmon sandbar. Later I went and paddled up & retrieved it. The whole beach was littered with debris from the river so there is some sort of back eddy there. Its quite a distance WEST of the the WS sandbar, but EAST of the Hatchery building. Take a SUP or boat... don't walk the tracks!

JayDelViento

Since 20 Jun 2010
36 Posts
White Salmon

PostThu Jul 17, 14 8:35 am    Hope a boater picked it up... Reply with quote

I lost a board there 2 seasons ago and never got it back. My theory is that it wound up in one of the debris piles that pack up next to towers for raptor nests or barge markers. Other times when I have lost the same board I got a call from a friendly boater who found it. I hope you have name and phone number on your board.

Good luck.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostThu Jul 17, 14 8:57 am     Reply with quote

Jaydelviento's probably closest on guessing where your board will end up.

I lost a board two separate times in that area, and once found it in one of the eddie lines along the washington side, along the shoreline between hatch and cheap.
The other time it was found by a fisherman by drano lake in the eddie line near the bridge.

Also, contact the Bonneville Dam, as if it makes it that far, it will end up in their strainer and they will find it when they lower the water levels periodically.

www.Purestokesports.com

brass

Since 15 Jul 2006
152 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Jul 17, 14 10:19 am     Reply with quote

Well actually it would end up at the White Salmon sandbar and subsequently safely in the bed of my truck. PM me for pick up.

HRnico

Since 22 Mar 2008
260 Posts
Da Hood
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 17, 14 9:07 pm    Huge Thanks Reply with quote

Huge Thanks to Brass for taking care of my favorite skimy, and the guy who brought it in to the Wunder Bar last night.

jblum

Since 13 Jul 2008
305 Posts
The Gorge
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 17, 14 9:42 pm    Props Reply with quote

Best comment ever... props for the rescue and honest return!

brass wrote:
Well actually it would end up at the White Salmon sandbar and subsequently safely in the bed of my truck. PM me for pick up.

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 18, 14 6:29 am    Very Cool Reply with quote

brass wrote:

Very cool ! Stoke

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: