Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Teahupoo Kite In
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostMon Oct 02, 06 8:22 am    Oh ya Reply with quote

Steve,
last night from the front of the face (i'm no Hawiian either) I think it was consistantly between 20-30 ft.
And after sess some of the comments from the crew was biggest swell ever ridden with a kite
Nate one of our big dogs and a Winchester regular said it was biggest on a kite for him Laughing Laughing
and that was on an incoming ,I think it was the best I ever had on an incoming Wink

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostMon Oct 02, 06 8:25 am    who cares Reply with quote

what's the big deal
we were there Wink

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 02, 06 8:28 am     Reply with quote

So, about 2-3 times bigger than this?

http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb/web_1/surf/wsurf1.jpg

Flo's does pound much harder than our jetty due to the jetties' orientation, but I'd have to see it to believe it.....This is the time of year to ride some good ones.

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 02, 06 8:51 am     Reply with quote

The Florence cartoon was meant to be sarcasm just to be clear. I'm pretty sure that was obvious but the way this thread is going....... Nothing Florence could muster, short of a tsunami, is even close to as shit in your pants powerful as Teahupoo when it's firing like that. Florence is an awesome place none the less (pipe down registered Nebraska boyl.....) Hey Mocean, what board is that in the avatar pic? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 02, 06 9:07 am     Reply with quote

SS 5-11 SRT, guarded by Shadow the bat-eared beach dog.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostMon Oct 02, 06 9:09 am    yup Reply with quote

not quite triple mast high,
in the biggest ones ,,
I cut logs for 25 yrs. and am very familar with distance estimating Razz Razz

There is a reason that Florence was one of the Surf-Sail high points of the Oregon coast(think 100's of sailors) along with Pistol River and Cape Sebastian and Waddel Cr. in Ca. which both places are not that great for kiting ,Pistol has a huge shear line, But such a peeler
And Cape Sebastian is just too gusty nice peeler there too
The biggest swell I have encounterd at Newport is south swell about triple over.
South is the biggest swell I have ridden (at Whiskey) and N.O.A.A
Was calling that 25' but the actual swell was more like 40' when standing up.(from the front looking up)that was how I learned what's too big.

We are at the divide for N.W.S. And N.O.A.A. forcasting and the forcasts are pretty much incorrect most of the time which to me is pretty good considering how fast things change here .
BUT it's all about your sandbar for makin the wave thing WORK

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostMon Oct 02, 06 10:12 am     Reply with quote

dude it was like 2 feet and our little pacific up here definatly doesn't have power. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing knee high blowhard like my corn in july.

The intervals yesterday produced some bad boys easily 25 plus but most were probably only 15 plus plus.. for real. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil thats alot of traveling between my top and bottom turns.

I am sure ft stevens smoked it though.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostMon Oct 02, 06 1:34 pm    don't listen to him Reply with quote

corn holers from nebraska ,that leave early to get home to a field of dreams
Nate was who said "close to 30 Ft".
and if Nate says it thats good enough for me
maybe he said 30 inches
oh shit Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: