Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

need kiting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Sep 28, 06 6:24 am    need kiting Reply with quote

damn fog Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad prayin' for it to open up today.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Sep 28, 06 6:52 am     Reply with quote

sounds like we might have some west wind in the Gorge over the weekend. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Weak west wind on Friday. Stronger west wind on Saturday and Sunday.
The ridge dominates the weather Friday with weak onshore flow. Coastal sites see NW wind mainly on the South Coast. Onshore flow increases Saturday as the ridge breaks down. Gorge gradients look strong enough for solid wind by afternoon. Coastal gradients look weak. Strong onshore flow continues on Sunday as a weak trough moves inland. This pushes the strongest Gorge wind into the Eastern Gorge. Coastal sites see NW flow but clouds and showers as well.

Friday:
Weak onshore flow is just enough to get the Stevenson and the Central Gorge into the 17-21 range later in the day. Eastern Gorge sites look lighter. Sauvies NW 9-13. Jones Beach west 18-22. North Coast NW 11-15, Central Coast NW 14-18, South Coast NW 16-20. West swell 5 feet at 11 seconds.

Saturday:
Stronger onshore gradients develop as cooler air moves into the Willamette valley. Central Gorge wind should build to the 21-25 range by afternoon. Eastern Gorge sites build to 20-24 late in the day. Sauvies NW 7-11. Jones Beach west 14-18. Coastal sites west to NW in the 8-12 range with clouds.

Sunday:
A weak trough pulls clouds inland. Gorge gradients are strong behind this system. Eastern Gorge sites in the 21-25 range. Central Gorge west 18-22 and gusty. Sauvies NW 4-8. Jones Beach west 10-14. North Coast NW 10-14, Central Coast NW 12-16, South Coast NW 16-20. West swell 7 feet.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostThu Sep 28, 06 7:04 am    fog? Reply with quote

Hey it's the Oregon coast wadda ya spect?
after all the wind created from yer sno kiting flare up should be no prb,,
Karma pal keep it coming!!!
Wild Bill and I have been eatin it up Embarassed
yer lunch that is

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostThu Sep 28, 06 7:23 am    Re: fog? Reply with quote

blowhard wrote:
Hey it's the Oregon coast wadda ya spect?
after all the wind created from yer sno kiting flare up should be no prb,,
Karma pal keep it coming!!!
Wild Bill and I have been eatin it up Embarassed
yer lunch that is
YAH WHAT DID I SAY EARLIER THIS MONTH OR LAST MONTH ...AFTER THAT POST ... Twisted Evil THEY JINXT US, WILD BILL MIGHT BE GETTING A PRANK PULLED ON HIM CAUSE HE HAS A RELATIVE HEADING HIS WAY Exclamation Exclamation FLORENCE IS A NICE AREA Exclamation BUT I DO HAVE TO SAY OREGON HAS ALOT TO OFFER ...NO PUN INTENDED(OFFERINGS) Laughing Laughing TROLL

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Sep 28, 06 11:48 am     Reply with quote

FLORENCE SUCKS....

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri Sep 29, 06 5:33 am    noooo Reply with quote

not as much as NEBRASKA

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostFri Sep 29, 06 7:28 am     Reply with quote

registered wrote:
FLORENCE SUCKS....
ACTUALLY I HEAR THAT YOU SUCK FROM WHAT FROM WHAT MY SOUTHERN CONNECTION SAYS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing TROLL

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostFri Sep 29, 06 3:17 pm     Reply with quote

Jahmbi , Thats funny he told me you can ride as well as you can type and spell Laughing Laughing . Come on down and show me, And I am still learning, but no sucking, unless he meant it sucks I am riding waves when they show up Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSat Sep 30, 06 6:32 am    oh ya Reply with quote

the gay boys from EUGENE Shocked
They suck goood Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: