Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster Wed AM?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Sep 26, 06 2:04 pm    Rooster Wed AM? Reply with quote

I saw that the winds were going East at Stevenson this morning for a couple of hours... Did anyone try Rooster this morning? I'm just wondering if it was any good, and if it might repeat tommorow morning. Any informed opinions or guesses? Anyone else thinking of heading out there in the AM about 8:30 or 9:00?

Nak

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Sep 26, 06 2:33 pm     Reply with quote

Here's a current reading link for Rooster. I think you can add 10 for the average. So if it's reading 15, you're really in the mid to upper 20's i.e. 8M-10M.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?sid=RRWO3&table=1&banner=off

I think the eastern gradient is breaking down, but there might be some AM treats.

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Sep 26, 06 2:39 pm     Reply with quote

the corbet sensor readings were very close to what was on the water at RR over the weekend. i agree the RR sensor is about 10 low and doesn't pick up the gusts

also, here are all the sensors, just click to get the history

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/frame.php?map=pqr

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue Sep 26, 06 2:44 pm     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
Here's a current reading link for Rooster. I think you can add 10 for the average. So if it's reading 15, you're really in the mid to upper 20's i.e. 8M-10M.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?sid=RRWO3&table=1&banner=off

I think the eastern gradient is breaking down, but there might be some AM treats.

Slither's got that right - at least that was the case yesterday for 1PM to 2:30PM the link reads 15mph dropping to 5mph and it was closer to 25 dropping to 15.

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 26, 06 2:46 pm     Reply with quote

Nak - Rooster was light - dead today. I got there a little before 10AM -& saw another guy heading in that didn't go out. He said the wind was light while he was there. I'll be heaidng out tommorrow if it looks good. One guy on the path with kite gear told me Mon AM was a solid 9 for quite some time. Water level is much lower than over the week-end. -C
-edit-
It is interesting that the sensor was reading 12 about the time that I got there. It definetly wasn't blowing 22, and maybe not even 12. Maybe I don't have the times perfect, but they are close.- C

Last edited by boardrider on Tue Sep 26, 06 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostTue Sep 26, 06 2:50 pm     Reply with quote

maybe stevenson though

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostTue Sep 26, 06 2:58 pm     Reply with quote

indeed, monday was good solid 7m from 9am to 1pm (much better than the forcast) ....
unfortunatley, it doesn't look like the gradient is setup the same for tomorrow.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Sep 26, 06 7:36 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info everybody! Ikitesurf says:

"Gorge: After FINALLY seeing a push of light west winds arrive at Stevenson, Swell sensors TUE PM it will be firmly back to west wind on WED w/ maybe some mid to upper teens seen Stevenson to Rooster early AM."

So definately maybe tommorow! Very Happy I'll be heading to Rooster at 7:30 AM from Camas if it's looking hopeful. Hopefully I'll see y'all out there! Very Happy

Nak

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 27, 06 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

I hope those that could make it out went to Stevenson. I gambled, and hit the Rock for a whopping 30 min sesh @ 12 knt wind @ 9:30 this morning. Looks like Stevenson was quite a bit better. - C

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 27, 06 8:27 pm     Reply with quote

I didn't get to Rooster until about 11:00 or so; my wife's car broke and I was called to mechanic duty... Sad Ikitesurf said good winds till midafternoon, but no such luck. It was intersting though, met a guy named Ken with a 16m Rhino bow kite, no graphics or lettering at all. Watched him fly it on the beach for a bit. Average wind 8 mph. It didn't fall out of the sky even in a lull down to 5 or 6 mph.

Nak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: