Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Week-end E wind is ON -
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Sep 25, 06 7:59 pm     Reply with quote

Gabe,

Its more about technique... Over the last few years I have adopted my twin tip riding style to look more like wakeboarding and have moved to keep my legs more evenly flexed and relaxed. In this image that Raimund took at Secret Spot it is hard to see, but I am standing quite duck and have my front leg twisted and bent to almost match the back. You can see the spray actually coming of the board in FRONT of my front foot. Your riding ability needs to be in place and you need to be comfortable on a twin tip, as like you say, in order to keep from catching a tip...your always making adjustments to weight distribution.

Needless to say, when you start riding surf on a twin tip and making hard carves off swell, your weight distribution will need to change. But then why the hell are ya riding a twin in the surf anyway!

See ya, Jon

post.jpg 

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostMon Sep 25, 06 8:24 pm    Re: NOSE FLIP?? Reply with quote

gabe wrote:
nice try smarty pants:

http://www.scsurfers.com/board/rocker.html

more: http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&q=%22nose+flip%22+rocker&btnG=Search

jahmbi wrote:
WHAT DA ------------..ITS CALLED ROCKER .....FREAKING NOSE FLIP...I SHOULD HAVE MY DOG PESTER YOU TILL THE SUN COMES UP THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE DOWN HERE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil TROLL
ITS STILL ROCKER TO ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND MANY MOONS B4 YOU GRASSHOPPER Twisted Evil Twisted Evil TROLL.....OH AND IF YOU KEEP GETTING MORE TECH. ABOUT THE SPORT YOU WILL FORGET WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....FUN.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil TROLL,.... SO GO DRINK YOUR WARM MILK AND GO TO BED..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostMon Sep 25, 06 8:30 pm    Re: Rooster Rockin...... Reply with quote

Rico wrote:
Rooster Rockin......

Rooster is delivering! Nice pics... great fall so far. Warmest all year around here AND wind !!! Cool Cool Cool

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostMon Sep 25, 06 8:51 pm     Reply with quote

Its not so much the rocker as its 2nd derivative.

The History of Curvature

-Hein

wakeup

Since 11 Sep 2005
328 Posts
always
Obsessed

PostMon Sep 25, 06 9:13 pm     Reply with quote

that was my brother jake on the fuel and bindings
he was going off, more aggresive than usual
he was chomping at the bit

yes it was the boxer
i would guess 24 m lines

i had never flown anything like that
i'll stick to the c's
monty liked it quite a bit

toph set it up a couple of ways and found the right one
he was going huge and floating forever; my brother was hanging for a while too, maybe the wind was just more dense

could see it being ideal for towing into waves then totally depower and surf

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Sep 25, 06 10:08 pm     Reply with quote

Gabe - I noticed when I am riding my skim board I use way less energy than my TT. Part of it I think is I am less leaned back and edging, and I also don't put nearly as much weight on my back foot. Bammer is right after some time you begin to ride more balanced, but overall I think your assumptions about TT riding vs. directionals is pretty spot on.

Thanks for posting the shots Henry... not sure who had the bigger air, but I think Jim wins more style points for getting is board up higher. I got to remember to start grabbing that sucker (my board, not Jim.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: