Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

...Taking Boardshorts over Suit Way Too Far(Party Sat Night)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostTue Sep 12, 06 8:11 pm    ...Taking Boardshorts over Suit Way Too Far(Party Sat Night) Reply with quote

On August 26th I got married...and decided to test the relationship from the get-go. Lucy didn't give me the heav-ho, but I probably deserved it for this criminally negligent kiter move:

JIM_LUCYcompressed5.jpg 

Last edited by 4Stringer/KipWinger on Thu Sep 14, 06 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Sep 12, 06 8:22 pm     Reply with quote

Badass!!! Congrats! Thumb's Up

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Sep 12, 06 8:25 pm     Reply with quote

couldn't you at least iron the shorts? Very Happy

congrats

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostWed Sep 13, 06 6:13 am     Reply with quote

Sweet. I like it!

Congratulations!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Sep 13, 06 6:34 am     Reply with quote

Thumb's Up

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostWed Sep 13, 06 11:44 am     Reply with quote

alrighty Jim..you have to let me do a shoot of that with you and lucy..I promise to put it on my website Very Happy Just Kidding..I ran into Lucy the other day and many congrats to you both. Looking forward to dinner/drinks/conversation soon!

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Sep 13, 06 12:33 pm    amended wedding vows? Reply with quote

". . .thru good winds and bad. . ."

good stuff. . . Bravo Very Happy

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostWed Sep 13, 06 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

She's smiling! So far so good.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 13, 06 1:31 pm    The Wind Clause Reply with quote

I sure hope you didn’t neglect the prenuptial with Wind Clause 4S/KW?? Rolling Eyes

Stolen with pride from kiteforum:

The Wind Clause

I the undersigned have read, understood and agreed to the following:

I will let kiter___________ (insert your name here) out of any previous plans we mave have made if there is a chance the wind might come up. I will never ask him to reconsider our previous plans, OR give him shiite for breaking off said plans to go kiting

I will let said kiter ride as often as the wind blows and not make any plans for him/us if the wind forecast shows its gonna blow for days

I will let said kiter out of making dinner or cleaning the dishes if he needs to clean his gear, rerig, or untangle lines.

I will pick up said kiter at any downwind location at anytime if he has it in his heart to do a downwinder. I will rearrange my schedule to fit the optimal wind window for his downwinder

I WILL NEVER tell him he cant spend money on new kite gear, equip, or related paraphenial, even if the money comes out of our joint acct.

I WILL NEVER complain if hes too tired after a day of kiting and he hasnt the energy to engage in coital tenderness. I will eagerly await when he is ready to participate or simply do all the hard work for him.

I will NEVER COMPLAIN that he spends too much time on the water and not enough with me

I WILL LOVE MY KITER FOR BEING A KITER and never ask hime to change

I ________________ (insert girls/boys name here) have read and understood the above statements and agree to comply fully with the bounds of this binding agreement.

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2330433

Donny Baker

Since 13 Jul 2006
80 Posts

PostThu Sep 14, 06 4:42 pm     Reply with quote

Hell Jim, that picture makes a lot of sense to me. It reminds of my one friend Jon Franklin who I used to kite with a lot. He had this weird phobia that his junk looked too small through his wet suit and shorts and stuff and chicks wouldn’t like him. So when he started kitin he wore board shorts over his jeans, his sweat pants, and even boardshorts over his boardshorts. My buddy Kevin winkler and I decided to try and break him of it. So when he came around the corner we depants him and lo and behold there’s a 12” little John hangin there. Guess the expression on our faces said more than we had to cause he quit the boardshort thing after that. Hope your marriage is as magical. I got to go.

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostThu Sep 14, 06 7:27 pm    Re: The Wind Clause Reply with quote

"I will pick up said kiter at any downwind location at anytime if he has it in his heart to do a downwinder. I will rearrange my schedule to fit the optimal wind window for his downwinder."

Unfortunately, I already sorta' screwed-up this part of the vow. ...Please never remind Lucy of the time when I decided to do an "exploratory downwinder" from Manzanita to the North Jetty of Tillamook Bay. Let's just say...well, I forgot to consider that the highway doesn't precisely follow the coastline for that long-azz stretch. After about 2 hours of her searching, I was able to make contact with her (by borrowed cellphone) and let her know that my heart was still beating. The event will not be celebrated or relived at the below pardu'. Which reminds me, if anyone's interested....we're having a party on Saturday night. Just lob me an email here if you're gonna come. It would help in planning for the correct beer/burger count. One final note...and this one's only for Donny Baker; only Fed Ex, UPS, and the US Mail know what my package looks-like.

Here's the pardu' info;
Please join us on the evening of Saturday, September 16th to celebrate Lucy & Jim's recent wedding.

The party will feature these good things; you, live music, food, beer, & wine.

The details:
Saturday, September 16th
6pm to the a.m.

693 Dry Creek Rd., Mosier

We’ll provide you with-
The band Mile Marker 6
Beer, wine, and something for the kids
Burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers
The fixin’s

Please bring-
your wiggle for the music
A side dish to share
A tent for staying the night?

*Please get-the-word-out and forward this email to others.

Also, for planning purposes, it would be helpful if you could let us know if you'll be able to attend.

Directions:
693 Dry Creek Rd., Mosier
From I-84 take the Mosier exit, go right off the exit, heading into town.
Take a Right on Washington St.
Take a Left on 3rd St., head out of town, over Mosier Creek.
Take a Right on Carroll Rd.
Veer Left onto Dry Creek Rd.
The house is about ½ mile down on the Left side.

Lucy&JimCuttinDaCake.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: