Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Get your video cameras out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Aug 31, 06 8:36 am    Get your video cameras out! Reply with quote

I've been thinking about ideas for a mid-winter nwkite.com party. The best idea I can think of so far would be to time an event around the same time we'd normally do our Best Photos contest. Then we could slideshow the best photos of the year, and present awards to the winners.

Another idea I have is to show all the sick videos that everyone has been doing this year. I was hoping by announcing this ahead of time it might inspire a few more of you to bust out the video cams before the end of the season and get some footage. Editing all that footage and setting it music is very time consuming, but a great way to spend those cold rainy winter days when your going crazy without any kiting!

Plus an opportunity to view videos on big screen in full resolution with a huge sound system would be sweet eh?

So this is just a heads up, if you have videos already, or if you want to compile one, we will show them at this event. I think it will be awesome if as many people participated as possible.

I might even have to rip-off that clap-o-meter from the ION contest, that thing was pretty cool.

If you have any suggestions for the party such as location, timing, etc, let me know or post here. On those three subjects I was thinking: Portland (closest to Gorge and Coast), Bar (but we can try to find a place with beer and a rule allowing minors), mid-late January, Saturday night...

Suggestions are welcome!

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Aug 31, 06 12:01 pm     Reply with quote

Would it be all kiteboarding, or could there be a category for something like snowboarding also? I could have a vid for both categories, and also would there be a limit to the length of the video?

Somewhere that would let us minors get in would be nice, or if someone has a fake hit me up Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Aug 31, 06 5:58 pm     Reply with quote

God damn I need to get some new footage...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Aug 31, 06 8:18 pm     Reply with quote

Inept_Fun wrote:
Would it be all kiteboarding, or could there be a category for something like snowboarding also? I could have a vid for both categories, and also would there be a limit to the length of the video?

Somewhere that would let us minors get in would be nice, or if someone has a fake hit me up Wink

hey its all good, kiteboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding. If we do some type of contest for the videos we might limit it to kiting, but we can show whatevers cool!

Adam - get some footage dude! I know you got the editing skills, and I'd love to see one of your vids on a big screen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: