Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Compare & Contrast - Inept

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Da-Dog

Since 10 Jul 2006
3 Posts

Kook

PostMon Jul 10, 06 11:21 am    Compare & Contrast - Inept Reply with quote

I’ve been lurking for a while now over here in & out of Maui land & thought it was time to have a little fun with this Inept Character.

Here's some more of that attention that you desperately crave Inept:

Compare & Contrast:

Richman Brothers – Sponsored kiteboarders traveling the world & competing in Pro events

Inept Fun – Punk kid hanging out at the sandbar sliding his food tray over an old picnic table

Richman Brothers – Boosting huge airs with technical handle pass kite loop combos

Inept Fun - Punk kid hanging out at the sandbar sliding his food tray over an old picnic table

Richman Brothers – Traveling the world to be in professional video & photo shoots

Inept Fun – Filming his buddies at the sandbar sliding their food trays over an old picnic table while holding a can of Budweiser

Is this gay Inept? = http://www.cabrinhakites.com/riders/index.php?shawn_richman

Once you compete in a real comp, get some press, and are a team rider than you can talk some smack Ian.

Stay tuned more to come, Dog Out

Richmans & Rich men
Siblings catch some big air, win big bucks

By Stuart Duncan Caller-Times
May 28, 2006

Hawaii native Shawn Richman won the men's Boarder X kiteboarding championship Saturday at the 2006 Nissan Velocity Games near McGee Beach.

The 17-year-old Richman from Maui earned $4,000 for his efforts Saturday, while his 13-year-old brother Jesse Richman won $2,500 for placing second.

"I hate competing against my brother, but when we're both in the finals it doesn't get any better than that," said Shawn, a first-time visitor to Corpus Christi. "To finish 1-2 with my brother is so awesome."

"This definitely will help us pay for the trip down here," Jesse said. "This is unbelievable. We just came here to have some fun. I never would've thought that I would be taking home any money. We'll for sure be back next year."

2006 Nissan Velocity Games
Men’s Border X kiteboarding
Saturday’s final results — 1. Shawn Richman; 2. Jesse Richman; 3. Shanon Best; 4. Demion Thomas.

Inept_Fun wrote:
Gabe first of all, im not making this a competition, i could care less about getting "Showed Up" at my home spot, tho in my opinion what they were doing wasnt close to getting "Showed Up". Ive seen peoples dads do hooked in sent front rolls, a million times in a row. I could even send it and spin my first year of kiting. Im sorry im not FIXATED on what you think is cool. Im not trying to be BETTER than anybody, or compare myself to anyone either, im trying to do my own thing, and have my own style.

I didnt realize calling someone a dangler meant that i am bitter, and got showed up?

Sweet im out.

BTW wind was sick at the sandbar today, and no one was there to "show me up" either. hopefully no one "shows me up" tomorrow, or i would cry Sad .

gabe wrote:
good, you can do your thing and they can do their thing, but they are very good kiters and hardly classified as "gay" just because their style isn't your style. they dont sit around maui calling every pro who doesnt do monster kite loops in 40kts gay. it's a maturity thing.

Inept_Fun wrote:
Those brothers on the cabs = Gay, but they do have superior dangle skillz.

Dangling Upside Down
 Dangling Upside Down  untitled-1_copy_101.jpg 
"watch the kite, watch the kite, relax the hands, breath, don't crash the kite, mommy I'm scared..."
 "watch the kite, watch the kite, relax the hands, breath, don't crash the kite, mommy I'm scared..."  newriders.gif 

Last edited by Da-Dog on Mon Jul 10, 06 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 10, 06 11:39 am     Reply with quote

dude watch me ride then you can say something.

Last edited by Inept_Fun on Mon Jul 10, 06 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 10, 06 11:44 am     Reply with quote

Oh and howbout this?

Unhooked, upside down, and definately not dangling.

Me.jpg 

Last edited by Inept_Fun on Mon Jul 10, 06 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Jul 10, 06 12:11 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh and howbout this?

Unhooked, upside down, and definately not dangling Bitch!

Didn't you mean BEE-YOTCH! Very Happy

jp

NaishUSA

Since 07 Jul 2005
53 Posts
HR OR

PostMon Jul 10, 06 12:18 pm     Reply with quote

Shawn and Jesse are great riders and very cool guys (Jesse is probably one of the best kiteboarding ambassadors in the industry). Formerly Naish team riders, im sure that they are living the life and having a killer time.

Ian- chill out a bit dude...you are a representative of the brand and not looking super stellar right at this moment.

Da-Dog

Since 10 Jul 2006
3 Posts

Kook

PostMon Jul 10, 06 12:25 pm     Reply with quote

Ouch, that one stings Bra!!! Wink

NaishUSA wrote:
Ian- chill out a bit dude...you are a representative of the brand and not looking super stellar right at this moment.

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostMon Jul 10, 06 5:11 pm     Reply with quote

The great thing about the richman kids is above kiting--it's not that they are professionals--but they are GREAT people. Thats why they get the attention they do. BTW: dictionary.com:

in·ept P Pronunciation Key (n-pt)
adj.
Not apt or fitting; inappropriate.
Displaying a lack of judgment, sense, or reason; foolish: an inept remark.
Bungling or clumsy; incompetent: "inept handling of the kite"

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon Jul 10, 06 5:50 pm     Reply with quote

damn this is low. inepts comment was pretty retarded but not as much as posting an entire tread about it and bashing on his riding.

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostMon Jul 10, 06 6:02 pm     Reply with quote

JK
What are you really trying to say here?

Is it that the Richman Kids go huge and can talk to the public without an attitude, and are truly great ambasitors of the sport?

Or is it, Inept-Fun should really spell his name Npt-Fun.

Hey Yo Npt. WaU tinK bra?
Go heavy on the mayo and hold that fucking pickle!

G-Unit_kite

Since 19 Apr 2005
5 Posts
da Hood
Kook

PostMon Jul 10, 06 6:28 pm     Reply with quote

Da-dog is clearly the biggest shit talker here, Ian is entitled to his own opinion and there is also little doubt that dangly sent tricks are not as difficult as powered wakestyle tricks or riding sliders, and also not as stylish. As far as your comparison, i doubt you can slide a picnic table, escpecially not while drinking beer. Inept Crews original style is leading kiteboarding in a direction that will earn the respect of more established board sports, like snowboarding and skateboarding, instead of making us look like poleboarders doing lame tricks with bad style. Oh, and dont get it twisted, Inept crew is gangsta, not punk. Respect the real, bitches!

the real shit

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostMon Jul 10, 06 6:43 pm     Reply with quote

Well, when I read they were gay--I took offense. No need to swear. But then I realized that when I first saw them...I, I thought they were girls. (cuz of the long hair and all that--you can understand...from a far...) ++Plus I dangle a lot-- due to body damage--so that hit a nerve too. I can't wait to see some vids. Either of me, taken by me, or anyone with a good vision...like this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8240222592541935010&q=kite+surf+sherman+island

No need for hostility--that the theme...

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostMon Jul 10, 06 6:53 pm     Reply with quote

Here I am after dislocating my shoulder two weeks ago...

It popped out, then back in about 3-7 seconds later. WOW that sucked.

Kudos to Henry for grabbing the shots. Thanks H!

jkshoulder.jpg 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jul 10, 06 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

flame bait, lets move on.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: