Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

summer book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostSat Nov 24, 12 12:01 pm    summer book Reply with quote

After months of shooting images throughout the summer, I’ve decided to throw some of my favorites together and create a book that captures kiteboarding through my camera lens.
This summer has taken me from my home here in the Puget Sound all the way to Cape Hatteras for the tripleS event and then to San Francisco with the Blade Kiteboarding team, with numerous visits along the way to the Columbia River Gorge.
My passion is in capturing pictures of kiteboarding and just wanted the opportunity to share them with you.
I put this picture book together as a coffee table accessory, but wanted to make it available to all of my friends.
I have uploaded this book to www.blurb.com and you can order the book to your liking.
It’s not for everybody, but if you’re into kiteboarding, and want to see some stellar riding, you might like to have this book.
Just so you know, I don’t make any money on this. I’m just wanting to share with you my passion for capturing the sport.
Just go to the link to preview the book.
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/3098098/0ea5a5274cf9540c2fd2ac1e5c47476d4fde8d21

Here’s a list of everyone I could remember from meeting them over this past summer.
Gisela Pulido, Teddy Lyons, Mark Miedama, Sam Medysky, Rick Jensen, Susi Mai, Rich Sabo, Chris Burke, Eric Rienstra, Sam Light, Andre Phillip, Colleen Carroll, Billy Parker, Tom Court, Joe Ruscito, Sam Bell, Claire Lutz, Jake Kelsick, Tom van Veen, Josh Mulcoy, Ian Alldredge, Jason Slezak, Patrick Rebstock, Slawek Krauze, Tom Dawson, Ollie, Guacamole Deejay, Brett Newcomb, Sonny Swords, Johnny Walker, Bobby Ngai, John Ruffing, Matteo Soltrane, Alex Barnet , Brad Gordon, Craig Cunningham, Patrick Anderson, Drew Christianson, Chris Bobryk, John Perry, David Drinkwater, Matt Elsasser, Brendan Kerr, Joby Cook, Kellen Hall, Dominick van Veen, Jon Van Malsen, Alex Fox, Evan Netsch, Brandon Scheid, Tommy Fields, Levi Roeseler, Nico Suriel, Oliver Umpierre, Jeff Andrade, Blaine Baker, Grom Gormley, Jan Boersma, Dylan Murphy, Vetea Boersma, Shannon Gormley, Bille Kipling, Paul Porter, Austin Keillor, Jim Hunt, Carol Bolstad, Cameron Rogers, Lia Von Spreckelson, Lindsay McClure, Jessica Withington Sanchez, Laura Maher, Jim Stringfellow

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostSat Nov 24, 12 6:10 pm     Reply with quote

Thumb's Up Thumb's Up Thumb's Up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6549 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Nov 25, 12 8:59 am     Reply with quote

Ordered, will look good in the office!

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostSun Nov 25, 12 10:29 am     Reply with quote

Yea buddy! Looks great!

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostMon Nov 26, 12 4:46 pm     Reply with quote

Great work! Can't wait to get one!

K2

Since 30 Apr 2009
274 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostMon Nov 26, 12 4:55 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Jim,

I've always enjoyed looking at your photos man! I had a question about your book, is there any text that goes along with the pictures or is it just full pages of photography? Any mention of where the picture was taken on each page? Thanks!

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostMon Nov 26, 12 7:48 pm     Reply with quote

K2 wrote:
Hey Jim,

I've always enjoyed looking at your photos man! I had a question about your book, is there any text that goes along with the pictures or is it just full pages of photography? Any mention of where the picture was taken on each page? Thanks!

the only text was on the front and back cover.
in the future, I'll set it up more with detailed text.
making a picture book was what I set out to do.
I just wanted something to have on the coffee table so people could enjoy.
when I think of words, I know it needs to be more thought out so I'll try that on a future book.
as for the riding spots, most of the images are obvious (the gorge) most of the riders wearing light blue jerseys are from tripleS. the waddle shots are the ones where I'm shooting into the sun. not the best spot to shoot but I happened to be there the day Ian Alldredge, Josh Mulcoy and Patrick Rebstock were out riding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: