Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot Kite setup help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 20, 12 5:58 pm    Slingshot Kite setup help? Reply with quote

I know you are going to tell so, I have bought a few things on Craigslists. Two not so good buys and one total score. The first buy was a good lesson(ouch). On second buy($250), not so good side I have a 7m and 8 m new 05 Fuels (C Kites, no bridal) with one bar. Along with that I have a new Torque 120(year, size ?) that has a bridal system no bar. The valves do have not balls. Photo attached. Does anybody have a manual for the Torque 120? The bridal system is a little confusing compared to the newer kites I have flown. Web Links to setup? I need help with it! I bought this from a widow of a former Slingshot employee. No, he was not killed while kiting. My intentions were to use the Fuels for body dragging practice on the Oregon coast shore.

On the bright side, I bought two new(in the plastic) Slingshot T3 a 7m and 11m with bars for $650. I think would be good kites for getting into the sport without laying down big bucks or figuring out somebody’s used equipment.

I have taken lessons in La Ventana and will not kite unless it is safe! I have waited 10 + years for the technology to get safer. If I need to toss the old kites for safety I am good with that.

Thanks

Anthony

IMG_0240.JPG 
   IMG_0239.JPG 
   IMG_0238.JPG 

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostFri Apr 20, 12 7:30 pm     Reply with quote

1. Toss old kites for safety reasons
2. Use T3's and have fun.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 20, 12 7:39 pm     Reply with quote

Use the T3's but definitely make sure you are up to speed on how to use them properly since they will most likely be a little different from the older kites. Also make sure to understand the conditions where you are going to go out. Just ask someone on the beach, they will help you out if u want to know more about the area.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4212 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 20, 12 9:11 pm     Reply with quote

T3s: good, everything else: absolute crap. (For anyone less than an expert.) Don't even think of flying the Torque. It's crap and there isn't anybody that's going to want to fly it. There's no such thing as a 2005 8m Fuel. Most likely it's a 2002. Junk. If the 7m really is a 2005 7m Fuel, there are some experienced riders who might want it & can ride with it safely.

The T3s are good kites and will be fine for a beginner to learn with. HOWEVER: get them--along with the bars-- checked out by someone who knows what they're doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: