Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

POOP GONE WILD 2
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
windslayer

Since 30 Apr 2007
153 Posts

Stoked

PostFri May 30, 08 8:11 am    POOP GONE WILD 2 Reply with quote

Here we go again with the Dog Poo issue. Please pic up your dog poo, and really the sign at the beginning of the beach says that Dogs are to be on leashes. I love dogs and probebly have petted yours, however, I steped in someones Dog poo the other day and then picked up another HUGE pile (that dog is WELL fed) that same day. Please Please Please!!!

Besides, where are we girls going to get to hang out in our bikinis if there is poo everywhere??? EEEWWWWW!!!

Thanks!! Very Happy

Copy_of_Copy_of_IMG_4957.JPG 

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostFri May 30, 08 8:12 am     Reply with quote

Agreed. More bikinis, less poo. That's someone that 99% of the people here can enjoy.

windslayer

Since 30 Apr 2007
153 Posts

Stoked

PostFri May 30, 08 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Thanx Kid!!! We LOVE to wear as little as possible of course!!!

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri May 30, 08 10:37 am     Reply with quote

The Hood River County Sheriff's Animal Control Department can not enforce the Port's policies. The Port's Policies are that dogs must be on a leash with the leash being held by the owner except for 1 hour before and after sunrise/sunset. The Port is responsible for enforcing the leash law.

Hood River County Sheriff's Animal Control Department can enforce the Hood River County's policies when it comes to:

Dog Bites - Any and all dog bite incidents must be reported to the Sheriff's dept.
    Dog Running at Large - Any dog roaming without control of it's owner.

The Hood River County Sheriff's Department provides the following number for non-emergency issues such as the two above. They can be reached at 541-386-2711 and will respond to a dog running at large.

The Port of Hood River provides dog waste bags at the entrance to the sandbar in the parking lot. Please use these bags and encourage others to use them as well.

Forrest Rae
CGKA Lyle Launch Coordinator

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri May 30, 08 12:18 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah we dont need n e po's at the sandbar. Im guessing the people leaving poop everywhere dont read this forum tho. If you see someone that lets their dog crap, and doesnt pick it up, let them have it i say.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostFri May 30, 08 12:25 pm     Reply with quote

or if you see people walking their dogs down to the beach and not picking up poo bags at the sign, yell at them to get one. Confused

i honestly think the "dog running at large" is pretty damned funny for some reason. it just sounds ridiculous the police would waste their time, our taxpayers dollars, to investigate a dog running around, wtf? Laughing

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostFri May 30, 08 1:18 pm     Reply with quote

magicmaker wrote:

i honestly think the "dog running at large" is pretty damned funny for some reason. it just sounds ridiculous the police would waste their time, our taxpayers dollars, to investigate a dog running around, wtf? Laughing

Yeah, what do they think this is, Lake Oswego?

jack

Since 12 Mar 2006
211 Posts

Stoked

PostFri May 30, 08 1:56 pm     Reply with quote

magic,

you are likely to look like an ass yelling at someone for not grabbing a bag at the location you deem acceptable to grab a bag, many folks have their own with them. that said, yell away when you see them not picking up their poo... most dog owners are or at least try to be responsible. as a dog owner i always try to pick up an extra poo when i get the chance. we know our dogs can be a pain in the ass and as a dog owner i try to mitigate their influence on others lives as much as possible...

mschulz

Since 29 May 2007
530 Posts
Reno, NV
Addicted

PostFri May 30, 08 1:58 pm     Reply with quote

Someone had a bad experience with a loose dog and poof, we have these rules. If we continue to self police these things, this would not happen. Just another example of one bad apple ruining it for the rest of us.

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostFri May 30, 08 2:27 pm     Reply with quote

I say watch them not pick up after their dog and then pick it up and throw it at them. Just me...

mschulz

Since 29 May 2007
530 Posts
Reno, NV
Addicted

PostFri May 30, 08 2:32 pm     Reply with quote

Lets not start the dog wars like last year.

Diggy

Since 25 Nov 2006
342 Posts
Gorge to Coast
Obsessed

PostFri May 30, 08 3:00 pm     Reply with quote

Agreed, This year if a dog owner is blatantly observed not picking up thier dogs poo it should be thrown at them.

I've also believed this is where some of the infections from scrapes on the Sandbar come from. A little poo can go a long way in the kiddie pool, elspecially as it starts to warm up.

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostFri May 30, 08 3:32 pm     Reply with quote

Moar bikini pics. Poo optional.

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri May 30, 08 8:09 pm     Reply with quote

more dogs less people... Rolling Eyes

maybe we should ban the geese too. seen all that icky goose poop? nature sure is scary!

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri May 30, 08 9:05 pm     Reply with quote

When your Geese are on a leash and living in your home, you will have to be a responsible owner and clean up after them as well. Wink

www.naishkites.com

kitechica

Since 15 Jan 2006
8 Posts

Kook

PostFri May 30, 08 11:17 pm     Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
When your Geese are on a leash and living in your home, you will have to be a responsible owner and clean up after them as well. Wink

That is some funny stuff Mark! Wink Geese don't have leashes! I'm going to poo on your kite! Razz

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostSat May 31, 08 4:28 am    I got to tell ya!! It's just wrong to let Dogs crap and not Reply with quote

Pick it up. If you love your Dog so much that you have to bring it to the spit to share the love with us and then you let it crap everywhere and justify it because of Goose Roca then you are a lazy mfer.
It's just not fun to step on dog granola in bare feet while launching a kite. It's not safe for the Dogs either. It's just not right. My toe pick was far more decent than letting a dog crap and then not picking it up. Don't you agree???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: