Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sunday at the bar...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Apr 17, 05 7:12 pm    Sunday at the bar... Reply with quote

Left rainy Portland for some sun and wind in da hood...

The wind was all over the place in classic event site fashion, but it was fun to be out there all the same.

Hey BamBam, got some good photos for us?

Where everybody knows your name...
 Where everybody knows your name...  P4170798_800.jpg 

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Apr 18, 05 8:53 am     Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately I was painting the interior of my house all weekend, but I did managed to sneak down to the Sandbar for a couple of minutes on both Saturday and Sunday. Sorry about Sunday guys, as I apparently brought the rain along with me right around 5:30pm.

The light was pretty crap, but I managed to snap a few for your weekly entertainment. Sorry about the image quality as I had no time to crop and/or adjust the exposures.

Bam

Dillion's...  Look Ma, no hands...
 Dillion's... Look Ma, no hands...  post1.jpg 
Slipping along...  Nice Dillion!
 Slipping along... Nice Dillion!  post2.jpg 
The "FLY" out buzzing the "BAR"!  His Seagull fanclub followed him out from Seaside!!!
 The "FLY" out buzzing the "BAR"! His Seagull fanclub followed him out from Seaside!!!  post3.jpg 
Unkown rider making the best out of the conditions.  If you recognize yourself... Shout it out...
 Unkown rider making the best out of the conditions. If you recognize yourself... Shout it out...  post4.jpg 
Tak, just two more inches to safety.
 Tak, just two more inches to safety.  post_5.jpg 
Slither, doing what he does best....  sllliiittthhheeerrrrriiinnnnnggggg!
 Slither, doing what he does best.... sllliiittthhheeerrrrriiinnnnnggggg!  post_6.jpg 
Nice Tom...  Learning to jump, but at least keeping a wee bit of "fin" in the water for comfort!
 Nice Tom... Learning to jump, but at least keeping a wee bit of "fin" in the water for comfort!  post7.jpg 
A word to my sponsors!!!
 A word to my sponsors!!!  post8.jpg 
Emery... Mr. Smoooothhhh!
 Emery... Mr. Smoooothhhh!  post6.jpg 

Last edited by bambam on Mon Apr 18, 05 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostMon Apr 18, 05 10:40 am     Reply with quote

Nice!! When did that slider show up at the sandbar??

PostMon Apr 18, 05 10:55 am    Cosmic Shame Reply with quote

Hey Bam, No shots of bigfoot? Crying or Very sad Leonard Nimoy needs some footage to get his sequel to "In Search of Sasquatch" off the ground. There were unsubstantiated reports its was flying at the SB on Sat; Naish, Blue and white.

Keep up the good work. Thx

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostMon Apr 18, 05 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

have to agree, the wind was up and down. mostly down but, at least we got on the water and saw the sun.

kt

PostTue Apr 19, 05 7:43 am    Cosmic Shame part II Reply with quote

Bam thx for posting more photos of this past Sat. However, there doesn't appear to be any factual evidence that bigfoot exists. Other unsubstantiated reports claim it was also riding a neon yellow Naish ktie and well as a Blue and white naish kite (not white and blue like bar fly's). Check your shots when/if u have time. Thx. Very Happy

PostTue Apr 19, 05 9:09 am     Reply with quote

Checked em, and no physical evidence of as yet... I was only down there for a very minimal amount of time as the house painting pretty much dominated the weekend. I could see all you bastards on the water, but had to tear my attention back to painting the walls.

Anyone out there think Sauvies might fire on Wednesday or Thursday? I am stuck in P-Town this week, and have a trip planned to Utah over the weekend. No more Gorge stuff until early next week (Monday/Tuesday), but I would love to shoot out at Sauvie. I am hopefully going to try and mow some grass (kite) out in Hooville on either Monday or Tuesday evening. Hopefully the first post ACL surgery session...

Bam... out!

broadbandito

Since 26 Apr 2005
342 Posts
CSO headwaters
WheatHead

PostTue Apr 26, 05 2:32 pm    Unknown rider Reply with quote

That was me, Pete Batten, aka broadbandito. I just registered here so hopefully I'll get some more soon.

Nice shots, by the way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: