Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Weekend Coast Report: Saturday...Fog-gonnet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostMon Aug 15, 05 7:00 am    Weekend Coast Report: Saturday...Fog-gonnet Reply with quote

Downwinded from Road's End to D River Wayside on Saturday amidst light/moderate fog. The wind was not very steady. Just wondering if/where anybody scored better blow on the coast on Saturday?

Sunday at Jones Beach was beautiful steady wind 16.0.

Jim

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Aug 15, 05 9:33 am     Reply with quote

Wish we got this report on Sunday! Headed out to the coast and had a pretty fun day, but because of the fog, not much good riding.

I was thinking Jones would be a good bet, but it was too late to head there by the time we gave up on the coast. Oh well good clam chowder and Fudge was had in Seaside so all-in-all a good day. Thumb's Up

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Aug 15, 05 9:50 am     Reply with quote

I was at LC all weekend. No wind in the S end of town near Silets bay on sat. I was at roads end on sunday with strong winds but lots of fog making the wind very punchy and visibility down to 1/8-1/4 of a mile. I was there alone so didnt get wet.

sucky weekend at the coast for me.

glad you got on the water sat.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Aug 15, 05 10:19 am     Reply with quote

I made some offerings to the River Troll and was well rewarded. 16M all weekend Iredale - North. Tried to go to Manzo on Sunday but traffic and troll predictions turned us back into the fog. After a long slow drive in thick fog and no visability, we came to a clearing and the wind was kind.
Shocked

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 15, 05 10:27 am     Reply with quote

How do I find this River Troll? From the favorable morning forecast, we drove to Manzo and basically sat like logs with our gear ready to go on most of the day hoping the fog would go away and the wind would pick up beyond 10 mph...l.no such luck Crying or Very sad

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Aug 15, 05 11:13 am     Reply with quote

I just put out some cold cuts, snapple, you know cheese and crackers kind of stuff. He usually comes out pretty quick.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Aug 19, 05 11:21 am     Reply with quote

Now you guys see, it's not just the herd mentality that makes the Gorge a more popular kiting destination then the coast. Gorge has more windy days and not so prone to fog-outs. Coast has better wind when it blows (which is less often) and tasty waves (sometimes too much so).

Vive le difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: