Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Knee brace over wetsuit advice recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
larryb

Since 05 Apr 2014
48 Posts

PostThu Nov 17, 22 6:29 am    Knee brace over wetsuit advice recommendation Reply with quote

I am looking to buy a knee brace that I can wear over my wetsuit, for my MCL issue.. I won't be able to do a test run before Baja. So any advice from experience which I should buy and bring down will be appreciated. I will wear it when learning to Wing again.
Thanks... Larry Breuer

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Nov 17, 22 2:41 pm     Reply with quote

Been using a McDavid with double side hinges and double Velcro and it works a treat. Got it 3 years ago for $69 on sale, no idea what the price is these days. It’s obviously not a full blown $800 custom fit fiberglass & carbon brace but more than strong enough for kiting and it fits really well and stays in place perfectly. The only minor issue I had with it was on big crashes the bottom Velcro occasionally comes loose. But on big crashes like that, that’s the least of my worries. If it is going over a thick wetsuit maybe get it one size bigger if between sizes. They are pretty accurate IMO with their sizing chart.

butch simones

Since 30 Sep 2016
59 Posts
N.H.

PostThu Nov 17, 22 3:12 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, double hinges are important. You'll have to rinse them off because they are usually metal. Make sure that the velcro closures go to the back. If the velcro faces forward the splashing water will keep peeling it open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: