Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Differences between Space Skate 65 and Apollo 60?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostFri Aug 12, 22 7:32 am    Differences between Space Skate 65 and Apollo 60? Reply with quote

I am trying to decide between the Apollo 60 and Space Skate 65 as my next front wing for my SS Hoverglide system. Currently, I think My front wing is an older Infinity 99 wing that I bought from a friend. I googled reviews, but still don’t have a clear idea of trade offs between the Apollo and Space Skate.

Has anyone ridden one or both of these?

I am early in my kitefoil journey (foiling in both directions but not toeside or jibing yet). TIA for any thoughts - especially ease of turns, stability and use in 15-25 mph wind.

Cosmo110

Since 14 Jun 2022
18 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Aug 12, 22 12:09 pm     Reply with quote

The apollo 60 is basically a budget version of the SABFOIL/Moses/GhostWhisperer 633 surf wing and there are many reviews of those wings online. Coming off an infinity 99 they are both going to have significantly less lift, an infinity 99 is a massive wing for kiteboarding, I don't think i have ever heard of someone kiting on one before this. But both Space Skate and Apollo will be significantly more agile than the 99.

I am currently at about the same level as you and I am on a GhostWhisperer 633, at 150lbs I can stay up on foil at slightly above walking speed, plenty of lift. Goes faster than I can too, and turns great. This again would be very similar to the Apollo 60, but the 633 is slightly bigger from what I understand.

markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostFri Aug 12, 22 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

I measured the wingspan and it’s actually about 65cm. So it’s not am Infinity99.

watercamper

Since 08 Sep 2017
86 Posts
Boise

PostMon Aug 15, 22 5:26 am     Reply with quote

I rode the Space Skate for quite awhile. Finally learned to gybe on it. It is very skatey.
Then I tried the Apollo and found it much easier to ride and gybe. More stable. I'm 150 lbs.

PistolPete

Since 26 Apr 2010
16 Posts

PostFri Aug 19, 22 8:27 pm     Reply with quote

Something like this Wink

HoverglideFrontWingStyles.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: