Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

2021 Slingshot Dwarf Craft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 16, 20 8:52 am    2021 Slingshot Dwarf Craft Reply with quote

Slingshot has completely redesigned the Dwarf Craft for 2021. Very impressive looking.

https://www.slingshotsports.com/2021-Dwarfcraft

It's mentioned that the board is lighter than it's predecessor, but no weight is listed. Does anyone have those weights?

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 16, 20 1:44 pm     Reply with quote

Just unboxed my new DC 100. I don't have a scale. Pads are a bit thicker vs 2020 DC micro--needed in my opinion--an attachment point at the nose (nice) and foot strap inserts everywhere if you ride strapped, and most importantly, the tracks will easily accommodate surf-wing placement as well as speed wings like last year's.

Bolting my foil on now...

Eric

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 16, 20 2:46 pm     Reply with quote

Nice! Could you measure from the back of the track to the forward most center insert?

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 16, 20 3:26 pm     Reply with quote

About 30” from rear of track to stern most insert

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 16, 20 4:57 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks Eric!!

phill

Since 26 May 2016
56 Posts

PostSat Sep 19, 20 9:08 am    will the new DW 110 tracks accommodate the Moses 633 Reply with quote

eric wrote:
Just unboxed my new DC 100. I don't have a scale. Pads are a bit thicker vs 2020 DC micro--needed in my opinion--an attachment point at the nose (nice) and foot strap inserts everywhere if you ride strapped, and most importantly, the tracks will easily accommodate surf-wing placement as well as speed wings like last year's.

Bolting my foil on now...

Eric

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat Sep 19, 20 2:35 pm     Reply with quote

Two days on my 100 DC. Winner for me.

Amazing what 10cm less than my 2020 110 DC Micro does to the feel of the ride. Very much feel like I am riding on my foil now vs riding on a board that is connected to a foil. Very cool feeling. I think this is as short as I will go. I tried a 93 cm board and for my size--6'4"--it felt like too little real estate to move feet around.

Your milage may vary

Eric

Obakarama

Since 29 Jun 2019
47 Posts

PostMon Sep 21, 20 7:28 am    Technical question. Reply with quote

Hey Eric, can you also give Nak an info on Maximum load weight allowed on the board ? Thanks.

Arb2me

Since 14 May 2019
28 Posts

PostMon Sep 21, 20 10:46 am     Reply with quote

What are your thoughts about the micro for advanced beginner/intermediate toilets? I’ve been looking into getting a new foil setup and I love the thought of a small board when to comes to travel and it seems like it would be pretty trippy out on the water. At this point though I’m just beginning to practice transitions and tacks. Would 100cm or 110cm board hinder my progression?

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostMon Sep 21, 20 11:13 am     Reply with quote

110 may actually speed things up. Depending on your skill set, 100 might be a bigger jump than what you want. Within reason, smaller boards are easier to water start and so forth, so falling in and having to get going again is a lot less work. But, I am not a fan of larger boards. Some folks who rip are.

Eric

KiteGirlHR

Since 19 Apr 2019
18 Posts

PostWed Sep 23, 20 3:04 pm    2021 Dwarfcraft weights Reply with quote

Here is what I have:
Red 100 = 6lbs/2.7kg, Blue 110 = 6.5lbs/2.94kg, Yellow 120 = 7.4lbs./3.36kg

2021_SS_DC.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2021_SS_DC.jpg
 Filesize:  343.85 KB
 Downloaded:  660 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Sep 28, 20 9:41 pm     Reply with quote

My 120 just arrived today! Very Happy KiteGirlHR's weights in the above post are what is listed on the Slingshot Website. What's interesting is that mine tips the scales right at 7 pounds. Maybe my scale needs calibrating... Very nice board from the feel and looks. Back of the mast track to bow most insert is 31". Plenty of room to adjust for surf wings...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: