Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Event Site restrictions for July 4 - Pass holders only.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 01, 20 3:50 pm    Event Site restrictions for July 4 - Pass holders only. Reply with quote

Saturday, July 4th:
The Event Site Parking Lot will be open to Annual Passholders ONLY
Port Staff will be at the entrance to direct people as to where to park
The Event Site lot will close at the regular time, 10pm.
On street parking will be free
Lot #1 will be closed
No overnight camping on Port Property
Jensen West Parking will be free and available to regular length vehicles
As always, the Marina Beach, Spit and Hook are free to park and will be open the regular hours for access

Why you might ask, are we taking these measures? There have been large groups of people at the Event Site who have not been social distancing. We anticipate crowds on this day, even though there are no fireworks this year, and we think people will follow tradition by celebrating as they have in the past. The forecast looks great so why wouldn’t they want to, it’s so much fun!!! We hope to encourage people to spread out along the waterfront.

We appreciate our local pass holders and want to be sure they have access for the holiday. Day parking folks are certainly welcome, but they will need to utilize the on-street parking. If all of those spaces are full, they should go to another location. Crowds are totally uncool right now and we would hate to have to close back down.

As for the rest of the weekend, Friday July 3rd and Sunday July 5th, it will be business as usual, however Lot #1 will not be open. Again, our hopes are to have people spread out. If the ES parking lot is full, and all street parking is taken, then people need to spread out and find another location.

biffmalibu

Since 30 Jun 2011
38 Posts
Mosier, Oregon

PostFri Jul 03, 20 12:05 pm    ES rules Reply with quote

This is illegal! Unconstitutional! It's localism! Occupy ES! I read an article on Facebook! I watched a Youtube video! Masks are a sign of weakness! Can't make ME wear a mask or stay 6' away! I'm calling the ACLU!!!

I kid. A lot of people and I who live in the Gorge will be avoiding all parts of Hood River this weekend. Thanks for posting these wise and reasonable rules. I hope people choose to wear masks as well. I know I spray a bit when I drink a beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6gVepmUjvw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: