Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

STOLEN KITE ALERT!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
thenorm

Since 08 Mar 2011
34 Posts
Beaverton

PostFri Jun 26, 20 8:29 am    STOLEN KITE ALERT!!! Reply with quote

STOLEN KITE ALERT!!!

2018 CABRINHA DRIFTER, 6M
BLUE AND WHITE

*Footage and pictures of kite follow the narrative. Thanks again!

Yesterday at approximately 2pm my kite was stolen, in bag, from my front lawn. This happened in a matter of 10 minutes when I went inside the house. I’m asking that if you see the kite posted for sale here, or on other sites you let me know so that I can investigate. Along with the kite, he made off with my WMFG pump and my Hurley wetsuit. The biggest concern is the kite as the wetsuit was old and dingy and the pump can easily be replaced.

Below is a video, along with screen shots. I don’t anticipate someone identifying the thief, but hope it adds urgency to the situation. His strut and calm demeanor as he walked away sent me into a rage as I watched the footage. Fast forward to 1:56.

https://my.arlo.com/#/viewShared/F7E60A4CD93F243C_202006

The kite is a 2018 Cabrinha Drifter, white and blue. It is in a gray and black bag with yellow trim.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME IN READING THIS. PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH INFO IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.

Colin
(503) 917-1090
jcolinhaynes@gmail.com

PPB Case #: 20 202612
Officer M. Akom #40835

BD44A45B-2982-407E-83BA-0EA0BCEC8211.jpeg 
   52D9D2A7-49DB-4FAD-86FC-A6FD7EF040EA.jpeg 
   9DEC4BA0-2F07-4F18-97A3-8004F84D350C.jpeg 
   4606F00D-5D2C-4644-8BE1-50E2565279B5.jpeg 
   7E20007E-4E98-4A82-9C89-E3EE432155B1.jpeg 

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostSat Jun 27, 20 3:30 am     Reply with quote

What a jerk. Sorry man. Hope someone spots this and gives you a heads up.

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostSat Jun 27, 20 7:13 am     Reply with quote

Damn that sucks! I'd keep an eye on Craigslist and FB Market Place. More likely to be posted for sale there as a parachute or a tent.

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
880 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostSat Jun 27, 20 7:46 am     Reply with quote

No sympathy for thieves, hope you get your kite back and the thief gets whats coming to him.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 30, 20 9:12 am     Reply with quote

Just a note the video link has expired, in case you want to renew it. Good luck!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 30, 20 9:19 am     Reply with quote

Years ago in Tacoma I had my quiver of Helix kites stolen out of my garage. I few days late (thanks to the some search genius here on NWK) I found the quiver on FeeBay. I took this information to the Tacoma Police Dept. "So? Sir, you need the serial numbers of your lost items.... We are powerless to pursue this"
For a time I then started keeping records, and putting my name in a sharpie on everything.... now I'm too lazy

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 30, 20 6:37 pm     Reply with quote

Document all your equipment. I scan all my Slingshot Rally tags and sale receipts, write on bars and boards. Document Board serial numbers. All on my iPhone with one pdf. It takes a few hours, to have a safer set of mind. I learned all of that from helping my friends get back there stolen kayaks. Thief's suck. No serial number and special identification = no kayak back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: