Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

New Efoil from Waydoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jun 17, 20 5:11 am    New Efoil from Waydoo Reply with quote

Anyone have any info on this new efoil priced st $4200?

https://www.waydootech.com/#/

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Jun 17, 20 8:32 am     Reply with quote

For 42 hundy the chick better be included...

Shocked Twisted Evil

Included.jpg 

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jun 17, 20 1:25 pm     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
For 42 hundy the chick better be included...

Shocked Twisted Evil

I got three of her with my Lift purchase. Still un-boxing.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Jun 17, 20 10:18 pm     Reply with quote

The efoil seems great, but a bit too risky for me. There is no recourse against a company in China if they decide to just keep the money. There's no history that I see that leads me to have any opinion one way or the other of the company's trustworthiness. The boards they were showing back in January look entirely different than these. seems like a red flag to me.

On top of all that, the wing to fuselage mount on the board they're showing looks awfully tiny and weak...

I'm hoping that all of my fear is unfounded and these will be great boards. They have the money now to do it right; the kickstarter campaign raised almost $600,000 out of a $50,000 goal. Shocked

bgkiter

Since 20 Oct 2008
87 Posts

PostThu Jun 18, 20 8:04 am     Reply with quote

Glad I saw this, was about to go for a lift, but now I will wait for a real review on one of these... more competition is great for the consumer.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jun 18, 20 8:36 am     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
The efoil seems great, but a bit too risky for me. There is no recourse against a company in China if they decide to just keep the money. There's no history that I see that leads me to have any opinion one way or the other of the company's trustworthiness. The boards they were showing back in January look entirely different than these. seems like a red flag to me.

On top of all that, the wing to fuselage mount on the board they're showing looks awfully tiny and weak...

I'm hoping that all of my fear is unfounded and these will be great boards. They have the money now to do it right; the kickstarter campaign raised almost $600,000 out of a $50,000 goal. Shocked

Nak... One more concern. When (not if) this battery goes south you now have something that is trash. We have an older ebike purchased at REI a decade ago. Now the off-label battery has failed, company is out of business, and there's nothing we can do. Believe me. I dumped money into a "rebuild" service and got about 15 rides out it. Worthless. The only ebike (or any battery powered toy) I would invest in is one that uses Bosch, or a major brand that will provide support in the future.

bgkiter

Since 20 Oct 2008
87 Posts

PostThu Jun 18, 20 11:30 am     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
Nak wrote:

Nak... One more concern. When (not if) this battery goes south you now have something that is trash. We have an older ebike purchased at REI a decade ago. Now the off-label battery has failed, company is out of business, and there's nothing we can do. Believe me. I dumped money into a "rebuild" service and got about 15 rides out it. Worthless. The only ebike (or any battery powered toy) I would invest in is one that uses Bosch, or a major brand that will provide support in the future.

Sounds like you need to get yourself a spot welder, a bunch of samsung or LG cells and re-cell the battery yourself. Kind of like changing out the lines on your kite bar.....

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jun 19, 20 5:47 am     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:

There is a review of the board on the sea coast website, I can’t find it now but saw it earlier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: