Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Spot rules & Covid closures (general)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
johnnyp

Since 20 Sep 2018
23 Posts

PostFri May 22, 20 7:48 am    Spot rules & Covid closures (general) Reply with quote

Hi all-

I'm hoping to get some guidance from the community (particularly anyone in the CGKA leadership) on two questions:

1) edit: question removed. Apparently i made a big faux pas with the contents of this post originally, sorry gang! I didn't realize this topic was so historically charged and had gotten more so last season with the tragic events at the spot in question. I was out of the country all of last year so didn't monitor the forum or the news about gorge spots.

2) Is there a master list somewhere of what is and isn't affected by covid closures? Dougs and the event site (excluding the marina) are obviously closed, and I saw the announcement from city of Moser. Is there somewhere where we can look at a summary of spots that are open vs closed?

Disclaimer on this: my plan is to remain social distanced- I'm aggressively quarantined with family so I'd arrive with one family member who will help launch and land if conditions are too hairy for doing so solo and then will sit apart from everyone and read.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited by johnnyp on Sun May 24, 20 8:23 am; edited 4 times in total

johnnyp

Since 20 Sep 2018
23 Posts

PostFri May 22, 20 8:16 am    Did some digging on #2 Reply with quote

Looks like Tamara is way ahead of me, today's forecast has a list of spots with status:

https://thegorgeismygym.com/friday-wind-today-heat-next-week-chance-of-frost-for-a-few/

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri May 22, 20 9:31 am    Re: Info? Lyle (spot rules) & Covid closures (general) Reply with quote

johnnyp wrote:
Hi all-

I'm hoping to get some guidance from the community (particularly anyone in the CGKA leadership) on two questions:

1) I've seen some great posts here recently on how to respect local rules at the event site and how to stay safe while parking (and thus protect the site access) at the Wunderbar- really appreciate the information, the more informed we all are the better we can do at keeping all these spots open.

Could someone provide a similar summary about Lyle? Whether it's ok to park across the street in that little lot, how to get down to the launch the safest and most rule-abiding way, etc? I've kited there a couple times and my impression has always been there's not a good way to avoid the railroad tracks while getting down to the water- I'd like to do a better job as a community member so I'm trying to get more informed.

Yo, johnnyp per your advice at the bottom of your forum handle, I suggest you "seek council" by using the search function up above.

Here is you onetime free-be from me. . . and per your request.

Please read these three posts on "fight club" aka Lyle and most, if not all of your Q's should be answered (except any CV-19 stuff as the posts were written before the outbreak):

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-46016.html&highlight=

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-14859.html

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-14845.html&highlight=attorney+lyle

There you go. Be save out there and stay healthy!

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat May 23, 20 6:16 pm     Reply with quote

johnnyp -sent you a PM.

johnnyp

Since 20 Sep 2018
23 Posts

PostSun May 24, 20 8:26 am    Edited original post Reply with quote

Edited my original post since it was made clear to me that I was unintentionally pushing buttons by mentioning this spot, apologies.

Sasquatch: I didn't use the search function originally because I was looking for up to date info from this year, but having read the linked posts I now realize that things happened last year that would inform the situation this year in a way I wasn't aware of.

Thanks all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: