Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Jahmbi the 'rivermouth local' is just a mouth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
drizzler

Since 29 Jul 2005
5 Posts

Kook

PostFri Jul 29, 05 5:55 pm    Jahmbi the 'rivermouth local' is just a mouth. Reply with quote

The guy talking local shit about the river mouth in Seaside is obviously a really old washed up surfer who wants to relive his 'let's protect our surf spot' attitude. What a kook. There are a couple of those old guys riding on the coast, and they spoil the fun. Jahmbi, (bambi), you are probably the dude that I met there with the rainbow warrior helmet with the flames on the side flying a slingshot. You were a jerk to me and you didn't kite very good at all , so you are all mouth. The rivermouth in Seaside is never as windy as sunset or manzanita. And anyone who claims to be a local at the Seaside rivermouth and defend it is very odd. The rivermouth is just a finicky spot and rarely dishes out good wind. There is room for thousands of kiters on the north coast.
However, I have ridden with the local Seaside riders at sunset and those guys throw down some fun sessions. Loads of PDX guys there last week and the sunset local guys were cool to everyone. Some guy in a white van (sorry didn't catch your name but your van says Liquid Force on the back) even let me borrow a smaller kite and one of his boards without even knowing me because he felt bad that I didn't have a small enough kite. From what I can tell, the best, and coolest, riders are at Sunset and sometimes at Manzanita.
The coast is obviously the new spot in Oregon and the Gorge is over rated. Why ride in a gusty river when you can session on waves and smooth wind? Plus a local guy told me they ride all winter cuz the coast never gets too cold.
I am selling my house in PDX and looking to set up on the coast soon. Screw the gorge. I could not be more stoked on the oregon coast right now. See you out there. Look for my brown Tacoma with the Dakine thule box.

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostSat Jul 30, 05 12:03 am    Re: Jahmbi the 'rivermouth local' is just a mouth. Reply with quote

drizzler wrote:
The guy talking local shit about the river mouth in Seaside is obviously a really old washed up surfer who wants to relive his 'let's protect our surf spot' attitude. What a kook. There are a couple of those old guys riding on the coast, and they spoil the fun. Jahmbi, (bambi), you are probably the dude that I met there with the rainbow warrior helmet with the flames on the side flying a slingshot. You were a jerk to me and you didn't kite very good at all , so you are all mouth. The rivermouth in Seaside is never as windy as sunset or manzanita. And anyone who claims to be a local at the Seaside rivermouth and defend it is very odd. The rivermouth is just a finicky spot and rarely dishes out good wind. There is room for thousands of kiters on the north coast.
However, I have ridden with the local Seaside riders at sunset and those guys throw down some fun sessions. Loads of PDX guys there last week and the sunset local guys were cool to everyone. Some guy in a white van (sorry didn't catch your name but your van says Liquid Force on the back) even let me borrow a smaller kite and one of his boards without even knowing me because he felt bad that I didn't have a small enough kite. From what I can tell, the best, and coolest, riders are at Sunset and sometimes at Manzanita.
The coast is obviously the new spot in Oregon and the Gorge is over rated. Why ride in a gusty river when you can session on waves and smooth wind? Plus a local guy told me they ride all winter cuz the coast never gets too cold.
I am selling my house in PDX and looking to set up on the coast soon. Screw the gorge. I could not be more stoked on the oregon coast right now. See you out there. Look for my brown Tacoma with the Dakine thule box.
OOOOOH SO ITS WORKING ..I,M GETTING THE TUDES GOING.. you obviously didnt read into the whole pict... by the way dont ever recall seeing your truck and its nice that you dont like the rivermouth .... and for being washed up ,what ever...... more wind for me and yes ,gabe and scott are nice people... and mike..... by the way you obviosly never came to a kite clinic that we had or you would have been more cooler like you say.... oh thats right you live in ptld.. to bad you had to jump my shit .... hope you never need help....... actually i,m not that rude i would help anyone who is in trouble ......and also buy them a dinner if they needed .... or gas $$$$ to get home ... oh by the way you did not pay very good attention because they are not flames..... that was my buddies...... mine has lighting bolts... oh and about the location .at least its in my back yard ......hope to see you soon.... is this the response that you wanted.. hope so....lol...

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostSat Jul 30, 05 12:09 am    Re: Jahmbi the 'rivermouth local' is just a mouth. Reply with quote

drizzler wrote:

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSat Jul 30, 05 7:34 am     Reply with quote

Hate to ruin all the fun, but I happen to know that Jah is not the bitter River Troll these threads have made him out to be. After my first sesh there he was the first to come out and welcome me. (Well he landed my kite anyway.) Like Danger, or Schiffler or one of the Gorge guys said, it all just tribal banter and it's for fun. Besides, what can you say about the coasties that hasn't been said about Manitoba? What they lack in steez, they make up for in mooseknuckles! Laughing

Sorry, I'm a little giddy. Guess who's got next week off with a halfway decent forecast? Me baby! Next song! Cool

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostSat Jul 30, 05 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
Hate to ruin all the fun, but I happen to know that Jah is not the bitter River Troll these threads have made him out to be. After my first sesh there he was the first to come out and welcome me. (Well he landed my kite anyway.) Like Danger, or Schiffler or one of the Gorge guys said, it all just tribal banter and it's for fun. Besides, what can you say about the coasties that hasn't been said about Manitoba? What they lack in steez, they make up for in mooseknuckles! Laughing

Sorry, I'm a little giddy. Guess who's got next week off with a halfway decent forecast? Me baby! Next song! Cool
why thank you mr. wind slither... by da the wind meter on my neighbors house just spun......have you spoken to barfly dis morning.. and once again thanks ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: