Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bye Bye Dakine :-(
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostThu May 14, 20 7:15 am     Reply with quote

Hey, I want in on the vintage DaKine stuff! A couple bags (gear and beach bag I guess -wife's from the 80's but they still get some use). My first harness from Aug '91 (bought at Westwind in Corpus). Humm, wonder if it still fits?

20200514_073148-960x1280.jpg 
   20200514_073050-1280x960.jpg 

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostWed Jan 20, 21 8:49 am     Reply with quote

A new chapter for DaKine wind products?

https://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2408750

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Jan 20, 21 8:55 am     Reply with quote

Adventure Sports Inc. (ASI), a subsidiary of Waterbound Investments, the owners of the Maui based Cabrinha brand, the world leader in performance kitesurfing equipment, further solidifies its leadership of the wind and wave sports market. Today, ASI announces that it has reached an agreement with Marquee Brands, the global owner of the Dakine brand, to become the global licensee for Dakine branded wind and hydrofoil related products.

Dakine and Cabrinha, both born in the very same cannery in Maui, HI, share a rich history and culture. Their unparalleled track record of innovation is entrenched in the very fabric of wind and water sports worldwide. With its first product being the adjustable foot strap for windsurfing, Dakine has been at the forefront of leading wind and wave sports accessories since 1980. The brand is synonymous with innovation and quality.

Kent Marinkovic- Adventure Sports, Inc. CEO: “Even in the most perfect world, you couldn’t dream of a better pairing than we have created with Dakine and Cabrinha. They are literally two of the most iconic brands in wind sports. Each has led with several industry-changing innovations that have shaped the way that many of us enjoy the water today. Remembering back to my earliest days of windsurfing and all of the way through my Olympic Windsurfing Campaign, I remember using Dakine products because they were by far the best. To the benefit of both brands, and our family of partners, this move further empowers our group to add and build upon our state-of-the-art development and design resources helping us to further expand our leadership role within these sports. I’m stoked and looking forward to great times ahead!”

Employing much of Dakine’s product, test, and design team, ASI will add the power and support of their legendary Maui based Cabrinha design group, honouring Dakine’s historic commitment to the core principles of quality, innovation, and passion that have made it the iconic brand that it is today.
Perfectly situated to design, develop, and test in the broadest range of conditions, ASI will utilize its strategically located team and facilities in Maui, Hood River, and Miami. The product offering will expand significantly while striving to build upon Dakine's culture and core product offering.

Jon Modica- Waterbounds Investments Chairman: “Both Dakine & Cabrinha products are the bedrock of the kitesurfing industry. If you’re a kitesurfer, you’re guaranteed to know somebody who learned on a Cabrinha Kite with a Dakine Harness. This is clearly a winning combination and was an easy decision for our investment group".

Dakine Winds operations will be housed within ASI’s headquarters in Miami and supported by the same dedicated team that brings quality service to its Cabrinha partners. This is a group of avid enthusiasts bringing knowledge, passion, and excitement to the water every day.

Dakine Wind will continue to focus on advancing product development and working with Marquee to support its team of athletes and ambassadors.

Brent Beringhaus- Dakine Wind Brand Manager, “With the Cabrinha team's passion for wind sports and Dakine’s legacy, it feels great to be part of such an experienced and talented team. Our team has a deep passion and desire to create the best possible equipment to give you the ride of your life.”

About Water Bound Investments

Drawn to the water, our team consists of avid action sports enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, and individuals passionate about our oceans and environment. Our investment portfolio consists of brands and technologies that bring best-in-class products to the market.

Our investment strategy is simple; we invest in the best people and the best companies that enable people to get out and enjoy the water.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jan 20, 21 9:15 am     Reply with quote

I wonder if this is why I can't find and wind sport equipment on the website now.
nothing. I sent them a message and all I got back was crickets

dirtybackside

Since 02 Aug 2011
72 Posts
Hood River

PostWed Jan 20, 21 11:12 am     Reply with quote

Hey Stringy

The product is in the transition to Adventure Sports as we speak and once it is counted for and inventoried, the product will come back live on the website. Trying to minimize the errors and shipping delays if something was ordered while product is being moved

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostWed Jan 20, 21 5:01 pm     Reply with quote

Anybody here fluent in corporate speak?

Break that shit down for me!

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jan 20, 21 5:16 pm     Reply with quote

Some of it will be back online when they get around to it.

dirtybackside

Since 02 Aug 2011
72 Posts
Hood River

PostWed Jan 20, 21 9:10 pm     Reply with quote

maybe if you did more drugs you would get it Singlemalt

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jan 22, 21 8:41 am     Reply with quote

dirtybackside wrote:
Hey Stringy

The product is in the transition to Adventure Sports as we speak and once it is counted for and inventoried, the product will come back live on the website. Trying to minimize the errors and shipping delays if something was ordered while product is being moved

thank you for the update! I'm sure its a huge process to accomplish that.

btw I got a response from dakine this morning...

Thank you for contacting Dakine.

Unfortunately, you can expect Wind/Kite categories to be re-released Spring22'

ay

Since 11 Oct 2008
109 Posts
HR - ME
Stoked

PostSat Jan 23, 21 6:54 pm     Reply with quote

Awesome news that dakine found a great home and hopefully we will see more cabrinha in the gorge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: