Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Event Site is still in pump/dry mode only
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostSun Sep 29, 19 10:57 am    seems ovious Reply with quote

Whats different is the CGKA is no more and Pepi and company no longer lobby for kiters. So no one is lobbying for kiters. The new CGWWLGQBTLFMFG IS GONNA LOOK OUT FOR THEIR BASE, old git windsurfers.

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostSun Sep 29, 19 12:45 pm     Reply with quote

I met with Bart this week. He is the new president of the CGWWA. I mentioned to him that Daryl from the port does not return my calls. He said she doesn't return his either. He is frustrated also with the lack of communication. In his defense he is becoming a positive advocate for kiters. He is very proactive in opening kite sites at Bingen and Dougs. We are doing the Doug's clean up this Saturday Oct 5th at 9am. He spearheaded the entire project and has huge pull with all of the various agencies that we have to wrangle with to accomplish these launch sights. We have so much more power now that we have combined the two associations. Moondog

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSun Sep 29, 19 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

^^^

John beat me to the punch here. Bart is spearheading the biggest kite launch project since the Stevenson launch improvement work. To me, this is strong evidence that the new CGWWA is taking all user's needs into account.

I think we are moving in the right direction.

Eric

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostMon Sep 30, 19 2:56 pm     Reply with quote

Was just informed that the signs are going down and kite launch/land access is re-opening today or tomorrow.

Please remember to respect the launch and land zones as they are set up to help guide people launching and landing to be clear of each other and for inexperienced kiters to avoid launching too far upwind in the wind vortex/shadow.

www.Purestokesports.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: