Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

New locked gate at Lyle
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Jul 20, 19 9:38 pm     Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:
wylieflyote wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was a computer generated post utilizing words it found previously in the thread in an effort to get you to click the embedded link.

I recommend not following the link

John,
So what can I expect now that I clicked on that a few days ago? Using the Brave browser, which seems pretty solid. After a 2 second visit I left.
Kip

Change your name, lock your doors, ,close out all your financial accounts, wave a magnet against your hard drive, smash it with a hammer, pour acid on it, and then burn it..... same for your phone...... and have your dog spayed.

The only safe computer is one that's turned off and buried in a lead vault 6 feet underground, and even then not so much.

Kip I think you are at serious risk of hackers taking over your computer, hacking your nwkite account and posting all sorts of crazy stuff in your name.

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Aug 02, 19 10:21 am     Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:

Roosevelt is not in the Columbia Gorge - the association has to draw a line somewhere.

How is it that Arlington is in the Columbia Gorge and Roosevelt is not?

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few of us that would argue that 3 mile is still part of the Columbia Gorge.

LDHR - I hope this statement is more of a personal opinion rather than a CGWA2 position.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 02, 19 1:37 pm     Reply with quote

It was in reference to the definition for the Gorge scenic area.... and common sense..... the CGWA can't cover the whole state.
I don't speak for the CGWA and I have no idea what their policy is.

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostFri Aug 02, 19 1:43 pm     Reply with quote

Lyle access issues involve more than three entities, try five.

County commissioner Dave Sauter is your best bet for a full run down on all the players.

The railroad is the big dog, but WA DOT is another player.

Join the CGW2 and you’ll get updates and opportunities to be involved in increasing our river access.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 02, 19 2:41 pm     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was a computer generated post utilizing words it found previously in the thread in an effort to get you to click the embedded link.

I recommend not following the link

John,
So what can I expect now that I clicked on that a few days ago? Using the Brave browser, which seems pretty solid. After a 2 second visit I left.
Kip

Kip, that browser won't protect you from malware. Update your virus scanner and run it, and if you don't have one then try AVG Free or MalwareBytes or Bitdefender (which typically performs the best in shootouts). Also back up your personal data and configurations, which you should do regularly. I recommend Network Attached Storage (NAS), like a Synology DiskStation. You're probably fine, but good luck.

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Aug 02, 19 8:23 pm     Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:
It was in reference to the definition for the Gorge scenic area.... and common sense..... the CGWA can't cover the whole state.
I don't speak for the CGWA and I have no idea what their policy is.

The Gorge scenic area would not even include Rufus as it stops at the Deschutes River.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but I think it is important to note for people who perhaps might lean towards the opinion that the gorge is Hood River... An opinion that sometimes ran strong within some *CGkA ranks... that there are a lot of access points that could be improved within the Columbia River Gorge region.

In my personal kiting experience the Columbia River gorge includes Rooster Rock to 3 mile.

I see posts from people enjoying kiting in PDX. I know people who have had great sessions in Boardman and the Tri Cities.

I hope the CGWA2 includes all regions as it seeks to meld river recreationalists. I understand there will be priorities based upon risks, feasibility, and perceived value, but if a group of individuals want to make an effort to improve access at some location within the Gorge region we should all be supportive of their efforts.

*edit - changed reference from CGWA to CGKA as originally intended*

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSat Aug 03, 19 1:20 pm     Reply with quote

3 mile... there's no such thing... it's too far away... stay away from there - it sucks.
The event site is where it's at... stay there instead.

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostSat Aug 03, 19 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

shred_da_gorge wrote:
3 mile... there's no such thing... it's too far away... stay away from there - it sucks.
The event site is where it's at... stay there instead.

Snakes a scorpions!

Coup

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Aug 03, 19 4:21 pm     Reply with quote

(Hand wave) This is not the launch you are looking for....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: