Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Fix for Slingshot GW-91/Moses 633 floating on side?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bwd

Since 04 Aug 2007
385 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Jan 30, 19 2:48 pm     Reply with quote

I suspect the hover glide stab is the difference in that last case. Have a friend with one who thought they were all metal. I think hes wrong... Wink
In all seriousness, if you are ok with the weight, why not add some tire weights to the fuse ? maybe fair them in a little if you like the effect?
A few ounces could make the difference.

Brian H

Since 08 Aug 2015
54 Posts

PostWed Jan 30, 19 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

What no one rides the MHL lift 150 or 170 ? It would be great to hear more about them .

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jan 31, 19 10:53 am     Reply with quote

Brian H wrote:
What no one rides the MHL lift 150 or 170 ? It would be great to hear more about them .

Yes, someone does ride the Lift 150 and 170. In fact, Larry (Mosier Larry) tried the Moses 633 for a couple sessions and sold it quick. He could not tolerate this "float" issue, I guess. Now it's all Lift.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Jan 31, 19 3:50 pm     Reply with quote

bwd wrote:
I suspect the hover glide stab is the difference in that last case. Have a friend with one who thought they were all metal. I think hes wrong... Wink

Actually the new hoverglide wings are significantly lighter. No noticeable difference in weight between the Slingshot 42 and the Moses 483. I think the difference is the Galaxy foil board. Since it's several pounds lighter than most flotation type boards, it floats up higher which is what I think helps drive the wing down.

bwd

Since 04 Aug 2007
385 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Feb 02, 19 6:38 am     Reply with quote

Good to know Thumb's Up

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostSat Feb 02, 19 7:23 am     Reply with quote

Speaking of the SS 633, does anyone have a clue what the numbers signify on the SS wings?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Feb 03, 19 9:45 am     Reply with quote

moondog wrote:
Speaking of the SS 633, does anyone have a clue what the numbers signify on the SS wings?

Wingspan in cm. The GW line is wingspan in millimeters. 633 = 63.3 cm wingspan. Often rounded to make a more marketable name. For instance, the HG 68cm wing has a wingspan of 68.8 cm...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: