Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Enough is Enough!!!!!
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostMon Sep 03, 18 12:25 am     Reply with quote

It seems like some very open communication from iKite peeps...along with a shout out to Temira. Feeling lucky to have such a "problem" as which of several great resources to plan my day of kiting in the Gorge.

Just a little perspective - caught myself looking around at the mountains and beauty of everything Gorgeous last session, didn't even mind the gusty 9mph to 30mph winds - call me crazy ?!?

Mc

2018-09-03_01-17-52.png 
   2018-09-03_01-19-23.png 

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Sep 03, 18 6:48 am    WOW!!! Reply with quote

OK, here's an example of my exclusive local knowledge, this might be my last post here until the dust settles on this, I'm pretending right now that it's 1995 and there is no internet forecast available on your phone, there were no phones, there were no forecast models that I knew of, kiting was just starting to catch on ( Thanks Cory) I walk out on my deck here in Lyle and smell the Camas paper mill(established flow) see the whitecaps from Mosier to Rowena, look at the "clouds in the hole" above the Hatchery, etc. I formulated a forecast based on pressure gradients only and my observations, that's all I had, that's all there was.Wind Junkies stopped everything to tune into Q104 FM radio in the Dalles, 5 times each morning, to hear my forecast, for which I got paid handsomely. No contract, a handshake with John, the station owner. He then charged the highest ad rates for the "surround" slots before and after my reports. It was a win win for all of us! But getting back to local knowledge, the real reason it's gonna blow hard today IS, there was an incredible party last nite where The Ultronzs, OUR windsurf punk, reggae, rock, outta control, absolutely RIPPING band, tore it up and made us all feel 30 yrs younger. The PASSION displayed last nite by both windsurfers and kiters (ex- windsurfers) was just over the top!
And all us locals know it ALWAYS blows here after a Moe and/ or Ultronz show!!!!!

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostMon Sep 03, 18 7:10 am    Q104 Reply with quote

Haha so love the Inflictor-cast this Holiday AM

I specifically remember that screach, buzz, twang of logging on to AOL on my 9600 baud modem in 1995 but then again I had a picture window of the whole river too - typically went with the visual forecast. "Today's BEST BET...

Not going to argue with any part of this perfect day - just going to hit the water with BIG THANKS to Victor, Bart, CORY, Q104, Temira and iKitesurf while I hum Moe Dixson's "Livin on the edge of a Hurricane" which i've tried and failed to find anywhere since 1995 ----> Does anyone have it on your iPod??

Mc (loving it today)
Cool

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 04, 18 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

I missed the Ultronz?? Sonofabeatch!!

"We're old, it's cold, our teeth are growing mold; our backs are hairy, it's scary, we do what we're told... we're old, we're old!"

(Give us all your Geritol...).

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostTue Sep 04, 18 5:33 pm     Reply with quote

The best song in the history of Moe/ Gorge. I reached Nirvana today on a foil in Stevenson easterlies 15-20 averaging 17. I had no idea that was possible after the gustiest August in 15 years.

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostTue Sep 04, 18 5:36 pm     Reply with quote

I'm going to take a picture of the graph and put it in my Captains Log. Tightness to the maximus!

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostFri Sep 07, 18 10:48 am     Reply with quote

When I show up at the beach and the Inflictor is there, I know I’m at the right spot. Been that way for 30 years. No one does it better and no one does it more than the Inflictor. Keep showing us the way and thank you for all the wisdom and Inflictorisms.
Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: