Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

My board - no my board
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostFri Aug 24, 18 8:19 am     Reply with quote

[quote="flipper"] I avoid the Event Site like a bad case of the Fook, unless I can feel that the summer babes need their fix of this here eye candy. Twisted Evil[/quote]

Good thing you only go there rarely as I think the ladies on the sandbar don't really care for cornichons too often, if at all. Too tart and not satisfying enough I suspect.

About that tiny French pickle . ... Cornichons are made with mini gherkin cucumbers, one to two inches in length and harvested before reaching full maturity for an extra-tart bite. Laughing Razz

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostSun Aug 26, 18 8:10 pm    Re: My board - no my board Reply with quote

Any chance this person goes by two first names?

rjmonta wrote:
At the end of May I was missing my142x42 Nash Motion twin tip and assumed I had left it at the event site. My name and number were on the footpads but no where else. I keep checking with the Port, posted notices and didn’t hear anything. While not unique -there are a couple I have seen around the event site it – is has a couple of distinguishing features.
Last week I saw similar board in use by a locally known kiter at the event site. I didn’t get a good look at it but yesterday I parked by his vehicle and the same board was in the back. I could see that the screws for the fins replaced with hex heads which I had done on my board. I use an Oceanus leash and the tether for the leash had been cut off but still on the board. (Same location) Foot straps and handle were different. But the odds would be pretty slim that the same board, with hex heads and leash attachment would appear on the same type board as the one I lost.
I went out kiting and when I was walking back to the event site the board was laying on the sand bar where again I had good look at it. I decided to wait and talk with the person who brought back to the Event Site. When I confronted the person (not the same one who had it the previous time I saw it but someone who was riding in the same vehicle) they claimed it was their board, that they had replaced the screws and that the attachment leash part was used when they taught lessons.
I asked them several times to return the board as I couldn't believe that the configuration could be that exact without the board being mine. They refused. So, I must still be looking for my board. If you see one like the one below I would appreciate knowing.

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 27, 18 8:19 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
wylieflyote wrote:
A sharpie pen would have avoided this whole problem?

No he said he had his name and number on the footpads...the guy swapped them out! This sucks, and the guys is teaching lessons with it?!

This is in fact this guys MO, change out straps or footpads, add a sticker or two etc.make it look just enough different.

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 27, 18 8:25 am    Re: My board - no my board Reply with quote

rjmonta wrote:
I went out kiting and when I was walking back to the event site the board was laying on the sand bar where again I had good look at it. I decided to wait and talk with the person who brought back to the Event Site. When I confronted the person (not the same one who had it the previous time I saw it but someone who was riding in the same vehicle) they claimed it was their board, that they had replaced the screws and that the attachment leash part was used when they taught lessons.
I asked them several times to return the board as I couldn't believe that the configuration could be that exact without the board being mine. They refused. So, I must still be looking for my board. If you see one like the one below I would appreciate knowing.

I think next time you see "her" (I'm pretty sure it's a woman) you should talk to her again and ask her if she wants to be all caught up in this mess and that you know she is in a tough spot etc. Talk to her, I bet she doesn't know it's stolen, she seems nice and very reasonable.

MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
207 Posts
Beaverton / Seaside / Govy
Stoked

PostMon Aug 27, 18 4:15 pm     Reply with quote

Without serial numbers/etc, this is going to be difficult. Cut the board in two - give each party half. Problem solved.

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
829 Posts

Opinionated

PostTue Aug 28, 18 7:34 am    Next time Reply with quote

If you were so sure it was yours, you should have just taken it when you could.

My skateboard was stolen in my neighborhood. About a week later, my wife went to the pool, and saw it sitting there next to some kids. She walked up and took it back. Fair play.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 28, 18 7:54 am    Re: Next time Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
If you were so sure it was yours, you should have just taken it when you could.

My skateboard was stolen in my neighborhood. About a week later, my wife went to the pool, and saw it sitting there next to some kids. She walked up and took it back. Fair play.

It's complicated.... the thief is a very large and strong individual who once played pro indoor football.

rjmonta

Since 01 Aug 2014
34 Posts

PostTue Aug 28, 18 10:38 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
"If you were so sure it was yours, you should have just taken it when you could."

I could have and thought about it - but wanted to wanted to talk to the individual. Just taking it back (I would have removed the footpads and left them) really doesn't address the issue of having someone take things that don't belong to them.

Also I was a bit naïve and thought the conversation would lead to them admitting it was mine and giving it back.

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
829 Posts

Opinionated

PostTue Aug 28, 18 11:44 am     Reply with quote

rjmonta wrote:

Just taking it back really doesn't address the issue of having someone take things that don't belong to them.

Agreed, but I don't believe anything you can or would have done would change that, but at least you would have your stuff.

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Aug 28, 18 4:53 pm     Reply with quote

sleestack wrote:
flipper wrote:
I avoid the Event Site like a bad case of the Fook, unless I can feel that the summer babes need their fix of this here eye candy. Twisted Evil

Good thing you only go there rarely as I think the ladies on the sandbar don't really care for cornichons too often, if at all. Too tart and not satisfying enough I suspect.

About that tiny French pickle . ... Cornichons are made with mini gherkin cucumbers, one to two inches in length and harvested before reaching full maturity for an extra-tart bite. Laughing Razz

Hey, I've had those (the pickle not the dickle). The sandbar ladies love them!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: