Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rescue Thank Yous!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 17, 18 8:20 pm    Rescue Thank Yous! Reply with quote

Shawny-Boy, you're the best! Again, I'm so appreciative for the tow. That would have been a long-ass one-armed swim (and I know a few folks did some swimming today). Thank you also to the other people at the ES who picked up my board and bar and kite. (Got some of your names but the drugs are kicking in, sorry).

Was having a great session until I crashed in such a way that I hit my surfboard weird and the chicken loop released, apparently taking my finger with it (and the other wrist is also quite bruised now). The good news is it was dislocated and not broken, but I'm advised no kiting for a while. Honestly it happened so fast I can't really reconstruct details. I was pretty lit and it was a big gust (and swell), but whatever caused the release I'm not quite sure - thinking it was the way the board and hand hit it just right.

Thank you Dr. Ivan for the quick "reduction" and release. Glad you got a decent morning session! Apparently two other kiters visited the ER today - I hope everyone is OK and recovering well.

My outcome could have been much worse if not for this kiting community. I'm so appreciative for your help - especially working to get me in, Shawn (Sean?)!

-Pete

20180817_KiteCrash.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: