Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Whiskey Run Shuttle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jlo

Since 07 Aug 2015
43 Posts

PostThu Aug 09, 18 9:37 am    Whiskey Run Shuttle Reply with quote

Is there a shuttle service at Whiskey Run for doing downwinders?

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostThu Aug 09, 18 11:16 am     Reply with quote

nope. but I'm sure you could coordinate with one of the locals or other kiters passing through. maybe check in with the Bradys at Floras Lake and see if anyone is coming up.

make sure to hit up the new trail system. epic to have such a great place to mtn bike and then kite downwind to Bandon on the same day!! love the south coast!

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu Aug 09, 18 11:30 am     Reply with quote

not that they have cell service in those parts or running water

but i have had luck in less remote spots with Uber

scored a nice 30 mile downwinder in Florida last year - just text the driver whats up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostFri Aug 10, 18 7:20 pm     Reply with quote

The Bandon locals downwind almost everyday there is wind. They shuttle. What they hope for is that if you show up, you say hello, ask about room and join the downwinder.

What has happened over the years after a local kite school mis-posted and said they shuttle any and everyone is that people would show up, down wind and then expect a ride back.

It was awkward, often with not enough room.

They are a good group of people and fun to talk/kite with. If you want want to a ride, do the right thing, meet up with them, say hello, offer to shuttle if you can, bring beverages, and ask if you can get a ride if your not shuttling.

Besides Pistol River, this is another spot that I kite often. I kite buggy in the morning on the beach, then grab a board and keep going on the water in the afternoon.

www.freeridekiting.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: