Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Which are your preferred straps for strapped surf?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 28, 18 5:41 pm    Which are your preferred straps for strapped surf? Reply with quote

Any thoughts would be helpful.

luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 28, 18 6:32 pm    surf straps Reply with quote

A strap that adjusts in size by moving screws rather than velcro adjustment. The velcro makes the strap too burly for surf freedom but great for twintip freestyle. Most companies make one. Check out Dakine Vario footstrap or Cabrinha Ultralight surf footstrap.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Jun 28, 18 7:09 pm    Re: surf straps Reply with quote

luke wrote:
A strap that adjusts in size by moving screws rather than velcro adjustment.

To each their own. . . I personally I like having Velcro straps riding on the Oregon Pacific; I've had the other type Luke is talking about. Sometimes on days when I kite more than one session I start out with no booties and want them later on so I like the ease Velcro straps provide.

I just purchased a new set of NSI foot straps and I'm looking forward to using them once I install them. . .coming off Slingshot straps which are similar, but I think the NSI are a leg up. . .

Last edited by Sasquatch on Fri Jun 29, 18 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Jun 28, 18 9:36 pm     Reply with quote

When I ride with straps I use the NSI windsurf adjustable straps and think they are perfect. Not the wide tt straps, the skinny ones. I have the front slightly angled for my strong side and looser and the rear strap straight. Works a treat.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jun 29, 18 5:24 am     Reply with quote

NSI..I like the wide version. Set loose you can still move your feet around, but they have "a home". The wide coverage has a warmth factor too. And being able to do one handed adjustments while underway. I've had mine forever, has no other strap caught on?

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 29, 18 7:43 am     Reply with quote

front strap allows a myriad of foot placements.
makes for easier jybing.
improved performance upwind.

https://northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=279&idcategory=107

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: