Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

WTF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 27, 18 8:04 am    WTF? Reply with quote

Just saw two stories on TV.

1. Two men who gang raped a 13 year old girl got probation.

2. The penalty for drinking a beer at Sauvies is up to a year in jail. Seriously.

WTF?

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Apr 27, 18 8:08 am    Re: WTF? Reply with quote

Nak wrote:

2. The penalty for drinking a beer at Sauvies is up to a year in jail. Seriously.

WTF?

Yep, that is f'ed up. I'd like to read about the SI laws, got the link?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 27, 18 8:16 am     Reply with quote

I saw it on TV, but here's a quick link. Not much information, but bad enough.

https://www.thechronicleonline.com/news/new-alcohol-ban-takes-effect-on-sauvie-island/article_f8f43966-498f-11e8-b479-bb4ec6e5e25b.html

Quote:
According to OSP, violation of the new rule could include a maximum penalty of up to one year in jail and/or a $6,250 fine.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 27, 18 9:19 am    Re: WTF? Reply with quote

Nak wrote:

WTF?

#1. It seems out of proportion, but there may be more to the story ( I can't imagine what would warrant such a soft sentence). If not, then it is up to the public to start voting differently. This is the government we vote for. It is a reflection of the desires and apathy of the voting base.

#2 "Up to a year". It is probably just a ticket, but the violation had to have teeth to prevent multiple repeat offenses. It will probably never be enforced past writing a ticket. I think we should be able to drink anywhere we please as long as we dont violate any other laws.

Last edited by SalmonSlayer on Fri Apr 27, 18 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostFri Apr 27, 18 10:08 am     Reply with quote

I wonder who pushed for the change at Sauvies. Locals - cus they were sick of DUIs? All the trash?

As for one year for a beer - damn, better be a good beer (triple IPA or something).

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Apr 27, 18 12:24 pm    OT: Re: WTF? Reply with quote

Nak wrote:

WTF?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/09/outrage-after-2-men-sentenced-to-probation-for-gang-rape-13-year-old.html

This quote is unbelieveable. . ."Before his sentencing, he apologized to the victim and her family, and reportedly said that "If I knew she was underage, it wouldn't have happened in the first place."

So if she wasn't underage or an adult, it would of been ok to gang rape her with 5 of your other buddies (two of which were the victim's brother and cousin)?

Lock them up and throw away the key.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSat Apr 28, 18 8:02 am     Reply with quote

Last summer on the 2 hottest and busiest consecutive weekends the cops were saturating the parking area. You couldn't look up and not see lights flashing and someone getting busted. I'm sure the cops got a hard time from every idiot they confronted.

On those days when Portland drags it's tattoo'ed/body pierced finest out to the glimmering shores of SI, everything south of the kiting area is a drunken shit show.

I don't ever recall seeing a cop step over the berm. It's the drunk driving and the smash and grabs they're focused on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: