Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kite Travel backpack Bag - lightweight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Jan 15, 18 10:38 am    Kite Travel backpack Bag - lightweight. Reply with quote

Does anybody make a lightweight kite bag, that will hold 2 kites(11 and 15), 2 bars and a pump. I will be most likely be doing a little island hoping in Belize. I am trying to keep the weight down in luggage. Every pound counts!

Anthony

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jan 16, 18 10:04 am     Reply with quote

Bi-mart duffel bag, 3 sizes, cheap

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Jan 16, 18 10:12 am    Re: Kite Travel backpack Bag - lightweight. Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
Does anybody make a lightweight kite bag, that will hold 2 kites(11 and 15), 2 bars and a pump. I will be most likely be doing a little island hoping in Belize. I am trying to keep the weight down in luggage. Every pound counts!

Anthony

http://www.rei.com/product/125934/the-north-face-base-camp-duffel-x-large

This one looks pretty stout albeit 4+ pounds. ONE THING TO MAKE SURE OF IS RUST PROOF ZIPPERS/can handle salt water. The bag below is much cheaper and half the weight.

https://www.rei.com/product/870772/rei-co-op-roadtripper-duffel-xxx-large

Cheap duffel bags and sometimes an expensive duffel bag = sh*tty zippers. Make sure to get plastic/rust proof zippers. Otherwise you'll be dealing with a stove up zipper and rendering it practically useless. It has happened to me before. Fortunately the zipper was zipped open instead of shut. Now the bag is a great fire wood carrier bag for the wood pile to the fireplace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: