Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Critical Mass Bike Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostTue Jul 19, 05 7:21 am    Critical Mass Bike Event Reply with quote

We're the most apathetic people in the world. Anywhere else, your government gets hijacked and the people burn tires in the highway until something changes. Here, we go to work and pretend like nothing is wrong. The media backs up the lie and everybody goes about thier business...
My point.. lets stop being lemmings. Its hard to impeach Bush, but we can rally a cause. The port of Hood River is a bunch of leacherous theives. Lets protest their BS with a critcal mass bike ride across the bridge! Pedestrians/bikers have the right to interstate transit, dont we? (Any lawyers out there?) We make up some signs, call the papers, and ride... Easy. One direction is probably best, eh? And WA to OR gives you more escape routes if the PoPo wanna crack down.. Whada ya think? Rally! We could get some sandbar kids to shoot the bridge at the same time for the full-on spectacle!

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Jul 19, 05 9:18 am    Flaming Sails , Kites, and Kayaks Reply with quote

Forget visualizing whirled peas or grilled cheese...I hear you sayin' 'visualize the port on it's knees.' I'm thinkin' Zeppelin's first album cover except with a flaming kite near 'da HR bridge. We could blast 'Your Time is Gonna Come' as the kite makes close passes by the bridge with a large message "fuck 'da port-lease.' Or maybe NWA's similarly titled call- to-arms would be more appropriate. ...More thought, planning, with flawless execution is what I'm talking about. I'll volunteer to take the position of Captain Max Pruss, commander of the Hindenburg on it's final voyage.

14.jpeg 

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostWed Jul 20, 05 5:56 pm     Reply with quote

Down with the port! Im keeping my 75cents. Rex McC says if the guy isnt there to take your money just drive on through.. I tried it for the first time on the 4th when those Jac&A$$es only had one person in the booth after the fireworks. The biatch heard me rev off and yells "get back here you SOB, that a $479 fine, ill have you know, Get your ass back here!" And I f-in reversed with my tail light between my legs. Well I for one am tired of being humiliated by the port. This is a call to action!
Join us in a critical mass thrill ride. Refreshments will be served...
This will be the first of many until the bike/ped lane is put in. I think it should be planned grassroots, word-o-mouth style so no popo know what were up to. Id rather not see any arrests but it would bring the issue to the forefront. Whata yall think? I say WA to OR one way. We can congregate at the park and ride and hit it in mass. It'd be good to have a box truck (maybe a yellow ryder) to haul all the folks and bikes from OR.... Sometime in Aug. Well keep you posted.

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostWed Jul 20, 05 6:07 pm     Reply with quote

It'd be nice to have a event party in HR after we ride the downtown. The yuppies are going to be honking their SUV horns to support our efforts! They might even feel inclined to get out and walk around a bit. Im seeing laps from 1 to 3rd streets, up Oak and down Cascade, just to bust things up and raise awareness to the fact that theres no parking downtown and the highway dumps all the tour-ons right onto 2nd... Im picturing a parade like atmosphere with all sorts of bikes and costumes, maybe a little streaking or somethin' Hmmm?
Is there a mtn bike site where this would reach a better market?

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Jul 20, 05 7:37 pm     Reply with quote

Hell yea!

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostFri Jul 22, 05 8:01 am    I love the port Reply with quote

Timmy!!!
Last edited by Scriffler on Sat Jul 23, 05 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

another guest

Since 13 Jul 2005
13 Posts

PostFri Jul 22, 05 9:05 am     Reply with quote

man you guys are livin in the sixties

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostFri Jul 22, 05 9:37 am    I love war Reply with quote

Timmy!!!
Last edited by Scriffler on Sat Jul 23, 05 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

sandoz

Since 06 Jul 2005
4 Posts

Kook

PostFri Jul 22, 05 9:57 pm     Reply with quote

"...lyin, cheatin, huuuuu-uuuurtin, that's all you seem to do,

always the same playin your game, drive me insaa-ine, trouble's gonna come t'you..."

Yes yes, Zep on volume ten, kites enter stage left, cue p-tex. I can see it now. Genius.

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostSat Jul 23, 05 8:36 am    Gmae On Reply with quote

All Right Peoples.. We've got our cause.. We've got our anthem. Now we just need to make it happen. TBRex, youre on it. Can I call you "number 1" ? Scrifler, Im with you, except keying the cars. I dont think our bike rally is really going to repel the Californian Invaders, and a free bridge might actually weaken the rebel defenses in Washington... but it IS time to ride.
FIRST FRIDAY BEOTCH
Its ON

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 23, 05 9:34 am     Reply with quote

If there is wind I will shoot the bridge, sure Dylan and Jon would be up to it also. =]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: