Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Pics from Sunday Downwinder at South Jetty
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 29, 05 6:18 am     Reply with quote

Yah, you’re right... Kite Karl didn’t have to give such specific directions (way to go Karl). But why didn’t you make you’re comment on his post & not this one? A picture of a river mouth will lead kiters to numerous places on the North Oregon coast...

As far as Tonski’s air, she was abiding by the unwritten “Fo Kiten” rule of only throwing low trajectory controlled jumps near any shoreline or people (including photographers). Didn’t get any pics of her monster airs on the outside, just too far out to swim with the camera. Also, who said anything about these riders “going big?” Just sharing some pics, that’s all.

Let’s see some pics of jahmbi & the local kite Betties who go big. That is if the missing teeth won’t be a distraction from the action… Wink

It’s all good; we’ll bring some beers for ya this weekend and hang out. See ya on Saturday. Mr. Green ~Dano

Last edited by Onad on Fri Jul 29, 05 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostFri Jul 29, 05 6:20 am     Reply with quote

jahmbi - Whatever, you don't own the N. Coast and this isn't S Cal. loose the attitude and enjoy having other on the water with you, there is plenty of room for all.

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostFri Jul 29, 05 8:06 am    copy of article Reply with quote

There are a lot of things that can go wrong kiting or windsurfing on the coast. Although this death does not appear related to hypothermia, it definitely reminds me to take whatever reasonable preventative measures that I can to remain safe; a full wetsuit is a good start.

July 19, 2005

Windsurfer, 53, dies
after fall from board

FLORENCE - A Seattle man died Sunday after he fell off his windsurfing board.

Lane County sheriff's deputy John Miller said 53-year-old Joseph L. Davis was presumed drowned, but Miller said he was awaiting the results of an autopsy scheduled today for a confirmation.

Friends who were with Davis said he appeared to have fallen off his board just before 4 p.m. Sunday - a common occurrence in windsurfing or surfing. About 20 minutes later, however, his body washed up on the beach. Two women attempted to revive Davis and called 911, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. There were no immediate signs of trauma, Miller said.

If Davis indeed drowned, it would mark the seventh drowning in the county in six weeks, and the eighth for the year, Miller said.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jul 29, 05 9:12 am     Reply with quote

Hey ya lets keep the fun spots quiet, and our fullsuits on, but lets not bash on the folks posting pictures. That's what this site is all about.

I can see two personalities here:

a) Fun, outgoing, stoked, loves to kite as much as possible. Loves to share the stoke. Loves to help a bro out.

b) Bitter, introverted, spiteful.

I think you will find you will enjoy life a lot more if you take after column A. It might even make you a better kiteboarder. I don't mind a little smack talk here and there (dangerD actually makes me laugh), but those who live in a column B world are about as welcome at this forum as heards of gapers are at your launch.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jul 29, 05 9:32 am     Reply with quote

jahmbi wrote:
.... yours truly the river mouth local...... by the way .do you know the true meaning of keeping a fun spot quite....guess not .. please stay away if you dont have any respect for the ones who actually live here 24hrs a day......

Jah, your little coastal strip (and the gorge for that matter) are mere satellite offices in our PDX-based Wind Pimpdom. See ya next time! Twisted Evil

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostFri Jul 29, 05 10:16 am     Reply with quote

Like there's not enough room on the coast, jesus people, What a bunch of stingy ass whiners...

drizzler

Since 29 Jul 2005
5 Posts

Kook

PostFri Jul 29, 05 5:47 pm    local kiter? What a joke. Reply with quote

The guy talking local shit about the river mouth is obviously a really old washed up surfer who wants to relive his 'let's protect our surf spot' attitude. What a kook. There are a couple of those old guys riding on the coast, and they spoil the fun. Jahmbi, (bambi), you are probably the dude that I met there with the rainbow warrior helmet with the flames on the side flying a slingshot. You were a jerk to me and you didn't kite very good at all , so you are all mouth. The rivermouth in Seaside is never as windy as sunset or manzanita. And anyone who claims to be a local at the Seaside rivermouth and defend it is very odd. The rivermouth is just a finicky spot and rarely dishes out good wind
However, I have ridden with the local Seaside riders at sunset and those guys throw down some fun sessions. Loads of PDX guys there last week and the sunset local guys were cool to everyone. Some guy in a van from Liquid Force even let me borrow a kite and one of his boards without even knowing me. From what I can tell, the best spots to ride are Sunset and sometimes at Manzanita. Some like the ft. stevens downwinder but you can't drive on the beach?? so that isn't as good as sunset where you can drive on the beach.
The coast is obviously the new spot in Oregon and the Gorge is over rated. Why ride in a gusty river when you can session on waves and smooth wind? Plus a local guy told me they ride all winter cuz the coast never gets too cold.
I am selling my house in PDX and looking to set up on the coast soon. Screw the gorge. I could not be more stoked on the oregon coast right now. Get out there if you can.

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostSat Jul 30, 05 10:02 am    Re: Pics from Sunday Downwinder at South Jetty Reply with quote

tonski wrote:
We arrived at north Seaside beach midmorning Sunday for some light wind play in the small surf and flat water kiting in the rivermouth. Then, as the winds picked up, the boys rode a downwinder from South Jetty to Shipreck lit on their 9 meters in beautiful head high surf. Enjoy the amateur shots. Very Happy

PS: Here's a couple pictures of the new Crossbow with Amery riding a surfboard.
hey by the way the southern oregon white truck crew..well one of them is my brother from another mother. he slings mud... look me up next time you r here.tell dan to bring food.lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: