Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wow.
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 14, 17 6:09 am     Reply with quote

Dog Patrol wrote:
We were doing a high line over the clackamas river a couple years ago with our tech team when we were cleaned out. Meth heads took wallets and everything else that was lose on the engine and then went to spend what ever they could with wallets and cards

Just a couple months ago we had tires slashed at two of our stations by some crazies. People only like us when they need us. Don't let us out in traffic because it might slow them down. Our sirens our loud , can you be quiet when you come to our neighborhood etc.

Can't please them all but you can only try !!

True fact......

windjunkieFL

Since 17 Feb 2016
29 Posts

PostFri Sep 15, 17 12:07 pm     Reply with quote

I'm taking a west coast trip to Hood River, Portland, Cannon Beach, Seattle and Leavenworth next week. I've had this trip planning since March. I'm hoping the fire doesn't ruin what would otherwise be an amazing trip!!

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Sep 15, 17 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

windjunkieFL wrote:
I'm taking a west coast trip to Hood River, Portland, Cannon Beach, Seattle and Leavenworth next week. I've had this trip planning since March. I'm hoping the fire doesn't ruin what would otherwise be an amazing trip!!

Your Gorge experience may be impacted, some fall kiting sites are either closed or hard to access at the moment but you should be good otherwise.

dwaynej

Since 09 Sep 2013
207 Posts

Stoked

CGKA Member

PostMon Sep 18, 17 4:23 pm     Reply with quote

windjunkieFL wrote:

Its somewhat late in the season for kiting and rain this week so wind will be very iffy. The fires have left a bit of a mess with i-84 Eastbound still closed and bad smoke which looks to be clearing.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Sep 18, 17 6:25 pm     Reply with quote

windjunkieFL wrote:

Fire is out.
The only issue is the main highway (84) from PDX to Hood River is closed.
If it's not open when you get here - you can cross over from PDX to Vancouver, WA and drive highway 14 on the Washington side of the Columbia river. It adds like 20 minutes to the drive depending on the time of day.
Or drive around the south side of Mt. hood via 26 and 35 for the scenic route. Check out Timberline - it's snowing up there right now. Adds an extra hour to the trip.

Have a great trip. Prey for wind.

Free forecast and events in Hood River - http://thegorgeismygym.com/forecast/

windjunkieFL

Since 17 Feb 2016
29 Posts

PostTue Sep 19, 17 11:42 am     Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for your feedback everyone. I fly out to Portland tomorrow and will be bouncing around the NW for the next 5 days. Glad to hear the fires are out at the very least

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Sep 19, 17 12:50 pm     Reply with quote

Coast looks pretty dead after Wednesday. It snowed 10'' at Mt. Bachelor last night. Better pack some warm clothes and a shell.

Enjoy your visit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: