Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Outfound Series from Fri-Sun at the Event Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jun 06, 17 11:39 am    Outfound Series from Fri-Sun at the Event Site Reply with quote

Notice from the Port of Hood River regarding the upcoming Outfound Series outdoor sport festival this Fri-Sun at the Event Site.
Although this is a message explaining the exclusive use details for the Event Site it should be recognized that the organizers of this event are doing their best to promote the Hood River area and our local sports as best as they can via beginner clinics, and pro athlete demonstrations during all 3 days of the event.
Here is a link to their event webpage : http://www.outfoundseries.com/information

During this time, we recommend utilizing the Marina Beach launch for kiteboarding access, or the Sandspit launch.
Both have excellent access directly to the river, and might help you discover an entirely new launch you never previously considered.

Either way, as usual, please kite safely and lets all continue to keep an watch out for those in need of help or assistance.

Quote:
Greetings,

Just so everyone is on same page, wanted to let you know about an event this weekend at the Event Site, Lot 1 and Nichols Beach. It's called OutFound -- and outdoor industry expo, with speakers, concerts, movies, interactive exhibits, etc.

Organizers Antonio Aransaenz and Drew Neumann, and event manager Chad Sperry, have been in contact with many of you about their plans. They've generously designed their site to sustain your operations and customer access.

The nature of what they've prepared promises good public enthusiasm and foot traffic, which we all hope will provide benefit to your cash flow.

However, as is the case with "exclusive use" events, this will limit access to the event site lawn for windsurfing or kiteboarding.
Given that the sandbar has yet to surface from the black lagoon, those of you who work with the kiting / sailing communities will want to advise river access and use at other points. Those would be the Spit and Marina Beach.
OutFound will be setting up on Thursday, open for business Friday through Sunday, then breaking down on Monday.
Thanks for your understanding.

Port of Hood River

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jun 06, 17 11:41 am     Reply with quote

For Marina Beach Launch info :
http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-29515.html

FreerideWhiteSalmon

Since 17 May 2012
64 Posts

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 06, 17 12:01 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I asked the parking booth attendant about this last week and he indicated the ES would be open during the event "as usual". Obviously, this is not the case, so I really appreciate the update.

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 08, 17 12:01 pm     Reply with quote

Update on our recommendations for alternative kite launching at the Spit and Marina Beach.

The current along the sandbar between the Event Site and the Marina Beach Launch is quite strong and if you are not prepared for the additional challenges of working with a 5-7mph current, then we do advise you to avoid kiting there, or plan on waiting and watching others launch before you enter the water, so as to better judge how to kite safely.

Along with the slider project features, there are additional unmarked debris items in the water, such as river rocks and some random tree branches.

Lets keep the safe in safety and make sure we all kite smart and fun this weekend, please!

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jun 10, 17 7:06 pm    Open to public Saturday Night Reply with quote

Walk on in ! Check out the vendors and the bands they would
Be stoked to see some breathing humans .

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: