Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dangle Sk8 - kiting and skate halfpipe hybrid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostWed Oct 12, 16 9:40 am    Dangle Sk8 - kiting and skate halfpipe hybrid Reply with quote

Since we setup the dangle bar over the miniramp a few weeks ago, I've been very surprised the progression of hybrid skate and kiting moves I'm seeing Henry explore. We finally just decided to have one board fully-strapped and the other the usual skateboard. I honestly thought this dangle-skate thing-would be a blip on his skate attention span, but the bag o' tricks just keeps growing and I'm continually surprised; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5o5k3ASjQ

MIXWELL

Since 10 Mar 2007
496 Posts
LGP COUGAR HUNTING ChEETO SLAYER
Windmixer

PostWed Oct 12, 16 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

That is genius! Twisted Evil

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostWed Oct 12, 16 4:17 pm    update Reply with quote

Sticking landings now. Appears to be very good gateway to kiting;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHqDrWCIQZQ

Tidesofthesky

Since 30 Aug 2016
61 Posts
Salem, OR

PostWed Oct 19, 16 4:24 pm     Reply with quote

That looks like fun. We built a half pipe under a ropeswing when we were kids. Had a lot of fun on it, although our engineering was not that great. HaHa. This looks like a blast.

Passing Gas

Since 15 Oct 2012
25 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Nov 14, 16 11:40 am     Reply with quote

This looks way rad! Grom skate sesh sometime perhaps?

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostWed Nov 16, 16 6:30 am     Reply with quote

Passing Gas wrote:
This looks way rad! Grom skate sesh sometime perhaps?

Roger-that. Groms always welcome. Gotta new zip support line for the older skate bros too. There's been some new wall rides, grabs, and crazy board slide>smith grind>50/50 combos that just aren't possible without dangle approach. It appears that I may have already posted this, but here's the latest; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHqDrWCIQZQ

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Nov 18, 16 5:57 pm     Reply with quote

nice!!! honest to God, today I was out near the airport and I came outside and it was Hella windy. I actually said out loud "sk8 kite!!" then remembered that nobody goes anymore Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvAw2VFR4Y&feature=PlayList&p=FB7233C37686AC79&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34

Passing Gas

Since 15 Oct 2012
25 Posts
Hood River

PostSun Dec 11, 16 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

PM'd you 4stringer

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostFri Nov 20, 20 11:15 am    Dangle update - need input or parts Reply with quote

Dangle update; Henry's now 12 years old and pushing-the-limits of the ceiling with a plywood extension off the 3' mini ramp. I'd post pics, but for whatever reason, attachment isn't working.

I need to configure another dropline from the rafters with a beefcake swivel. For the bar, we are currently using a swivel from the front lines of Slingshot bar. ...I'm watching Henry going larger and larger, and just need to build more safety into the dangle. Ideas? Does anyone have an extra swivel that I could use as a backup, to run another line to the bar?
Thanks.

If anyone wants to see it in action, I can open the door to the shop and watch from outside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: