Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Equipment and Self Testing (Extremely Important)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostWed Jul 13, 05 5:50 am    Equipment and Self Testing (Extremely Important) Reply with quote

This summer in the gorge, we have been blessed with many opportunities to demo and test new kiting equipment. Windwing, North, Cabrinha, Slingshot, Naish, and Global Rider have all stepped-up and given us a chance to try their new products. A big hats off to them.
With the emphasis on new equipment testing, we do not want to forget to check our own equipment. (I'm not suggesting that anyone break out the rubber glove.) Safety cannot be overemphasized. With that in mind, (and with time on our hands due to unpredictable winds aloft in the corridor yesterday) Kenny, Mike, and I set-out to test equipment that we found lying-around at the Event Site. The resulting photo essay below is a tribute to one man's unwavering commitment to the testing process. (Kenny is available to test your brand new Slingshot Machine in the waves.)

Mvc-025s.jpg 
   Mvc-028s.jpg 
   Mvc-027s.jpg 
   Mvc-026s.jpg 
   Mvc-022s.jpg 
   Mvc-021s.jpg 

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Jul 13, 05 6:53 am     Reply with quote

Jim,

Freaking classic, and I like that he did not drop that can! Yeah the wind sucked and instead of the Tuesday Night Race I went up and finally nailed all of the Family Man features... in a row, and now contemplating hucking my carcass off some of the bigger stuff...

I could use Kenny to test the optimal takeoff speed and expected impact of some of the stuff on Two Chair... Think he would be interested? Got beer!!!

See ya, Jon

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostWed Jul 13, 05 7:11 am     Reply with quote

Great alternative to the windless Tuesday night races!

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostWed Jul 13, 05 9:30 am    Beer Can Reply with quote

Did the beer can sustain any damage?

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 13, 05 9:37 am     Reply with quote

Cool,

Except in the last shot the beer can is in the wrong hand!!!! Did you spill any beer?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
junta

Since 19 Jul 2005
1 Posts

PostTue Jul 19, 05 6:59 am     Reply with quote

What anonymity levels of HTTP proxy servers exist?
1. Transparent - these proxies are not anonymous. They don't hide IP-address of a client and let a web server know that you are surfing through a proxy server. The task of such proxies, as a rule, is information caching and/or support of Internet access for several computers via single connection. Such proxies are not applicable for security and privacy while surfing on net. You can use them only for network speed improvement.
2. Anonymous - these proxies don't show your real IP but change the request fields so it is very easy to detect that you are using proxy.
3. High Anonymous - these proxy servers do not pass an IP-address of a client and don't send any variables indicating that you are using proxy server to host and look like real browser.

http://www.checkproxy.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: