Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

8M Cabrinha Apollo first ride video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostMon Sep 12, 16 8:00 am    8M Cabrinha Apollo first ride video Reply with quote

The riding is nothing special but I got a chance to try this kite for the first time yesterday at the event site. Winds were pretty crappy with massive holes and gusts. I need to get some time in on this kite in better conditions before I can form an opinion on it. I'm used to riding Cabrinha FX's so I haven't quite figured out the timing for how this kite jumps yet, hence lots of crashing. Overall I was still impressed by how it did yesterday.

Cheers,
CJ

Link

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostMon Sep 12, 16 12:32 pm     Reply with quote

Were you sporting the new fireball ? Your thoughts

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostMon Sep 12, 16 1:45 pm     Reply with quote

Yep I was using fireball. Its only my 2nd time out on it but I like it quite a bit. Significantly easier to ride toe side but still feels good when throwing rotations in the air.

Saturday I had my wife out body dragging a bit. She was using fireball as well and liked that the spreaderbar wasn't digging into her ribs the way a normal bar would.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: