Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Newbie heading to Jones tomorrow Aug. sat. 19th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mengoair

Since 17 Jun 2015
8 Posts

Kook

PostFri Aug 19, 16 10:56 pm    Newbie heading to Jones tomorrow Aug. sat. 19th Reply with quote

I am heading up to Jones tomorrow if anyone would like to meet up/help each other out as far as launching, landing, and laughing at my ass as I get pummeled by the learning curve...I am leaving out of Salem around 1ish and should be up there around 3 to 3:30ish. I am driving a white 4runner with red and black kites. I can also be texted(sp?) @ (760) 534-5566 if anyone might want to coordinate meeting up or would like to carpool.

Thanks,
Mango

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSat Aug 20, 16 5:40 am     Reply with quote

Mango,
You will find plenty of helpful people on the beach at Jones. With your 4X4 you will be best with driving right to the water's edge near Air Pirates setup. It's the road across from some containers and a porta-pottie. Nate's container with his logo is sitting there under some cottonwoods.
If there's the usual Saturday people, tell anyone some of what you're saying here and they will help with all. My noob room-mate asked for advice with kite line hookup, inflation specs, all was provided with a smile. (I was long gone with my foil explorations Smile This is not the Event Site Sandbar, everyone here is like family.
Also, this particular spot on the wide Jones sand has the better down-wind "catcher's mitt" for your obvious walk-of-shame adventures Smile
Check with the forecast, the Astoria temps, the Kelso temps, the pressure gradient before your drive (or see if someone here forecasts today). Temira has been saying it will be a late blow because of this wind killing heat-wave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: